Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #11
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: When will baby turn?

How far along are you? My DS2 was breech until nearly 30 weeks and turned on his own. If you're not 30 yet I wouldn't worry - they have PLENTY of room to move before then. If he/she is still breech after 30 I would start doing exercises to turn the baby (look in to spinningbabies.com) and/or look for an OB or midwife that will perform a breech birth. If you can't find one and your baby is still breech, you can look into pros/cons of external versions.

Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #12
Sylvie89
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ha! At my 20 week scan today (I am exactly 20 weeks today too) my baby went from head down to transverse to breech and back to head down all during the scan!
Sylvie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #13
Caz
Registered Users
Formerly: ccin***s
seller
seller

My Mood:
DD was breech until 36 weeks and this baby was breech at my 28 week appointment, and I suspect she is still breech. My midwives aren't the least bit concerned until after 32-33 weeks, and even then it's not a huge concern just yet. I haven't asked if they'll deliver breech at the BC, I prefer to just assume baby will flip
Old 12-12-2012, 09:46 PM   #14
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
At my 20 week us, my bean was head down. I asked the tech if that was good. She said it was pretty meaningless bc bean would flip around a lot prior to birth.

My OB said he didn't worry until about 35-36 weeks and then he would try external version.

At my 32 or 34 week I asked dr to check. He said he thought it was head down but really couldn't tell didn't seem worried. Last week I was 36 week and head down.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #15
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had an US at 38 weeks and dd4 was breech. When I went back at 39 weeks she was head down, so somewhere in there she flipped. So depending on how far along you are, you may still have time.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #16
Caz
Registered Users
Formerly: ccin***s
seller
seller

My Mood:
Also wanted to add that, at 20wks, this baby (who is breech at 30wks) was head down, so really position doesn't matter until the last few weeks when they stop moving so much.