Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 01:13 AM   #21
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I love corolle dolls (haha, also because theyre French like me )
The corolle dolls are very nice and sturdy. They smell sooooo good too! My DD1 received one for her 2d bday. You can use preemie clothes but not on the smallest ones. You can wash some of them too (they are called bath time baby or something like that) you can find one on amazon.

Advertisement

firststella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:32 AM   #22
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
My dd had three Waldorf dolls and loves them but mil bought her a plastic headed doll from Walmart for her birthday and what do you think she carries around constantly?? Yup. That darn doll. I'd love to replace it with a corolle or bitty baby for the clothes option.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:46 AM   #23
GreyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dolls for a 2 year old . . .

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I do like the corolle dolls.

Does anyone have a melissa and doug doll? I'm surprised they aren't more popular. Some are cute, and not that expensive!

My dentist was telling me about a doll, for older girls, that they sell at toys r' us, like AG, but less expensive, that are representative of real girls from different geographic areas, I think she said, but can't remember the name, and also could not find on TRU website just now.
GreyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #24
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyMum

Does anyone have a melissa and doug doll? I'm surprised they aren't more popular. Some are cute, and not that expensive!

My dentist was telling me about a doll, for older girls, that they sell at toys r' us, like AG, but less expensive, that are representative of real girls from different geographic areas, I think she said, but can't remember the name, and also could not find on TRU website just now.
I believe they're called Our Generation dolls, but I've heard the quality is quite poor, particularly the hair. Remember, with American Girl you also get the warranty and customer service built into the cost of the doll..
Old 12-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #25
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

The TRU ones aren't Our Generation. Target has the OG dolls. The ones at TRU are FAO I think. At least I know that's what is on the clothing sets they carry.

Dd has had a Bitty Baby since 4. It was an "upgrade" from her cheapy Target baby she carried and loved from 1-4years old. It couldn't be washed and was falling apart so we put her in storage when Santa brought her Bitty.

This Christmas (5yo) she and Dd2(3) are getting a set of the Bitty Twins. They each have a Bitty Baby and the twins can share the same clothes, so that helped my decision. I have an 18" AG doll put away for her for her 6th bday. If I can wait that long because she loooves looking through the catalog and wishing for the big dolls.

Earning FREE Amazon.com gift cards using Swagbucks!
Rainfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #26
GreyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks, ladies. I think the one my dentist was talking about is too big for her at this age anyway, but thanks for advising on that too.

So, I just sent this link to my DH http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?link_code=ur2&camp=1789&tag=chrisficti-20&creative=9325&path=http://www.amazon.com/American-Girl-Special-Starter-Collection/dp/B001EH7JJS[/url] I think he will be stunned by the price, lol! This is all his idea anyway. He thinks she needs a doll that she can change clothes, lol, because she's always trying to put our shoes on, etc. So, I keep sending him the links and telling him to decide!

Oh, is Amazon the best place to buy AG dolls?
Old 12-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #27
GreyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL!! I think I just answered my own question. It's $60 more to buy this set from Amazon!!! http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/183741/ctc/XSWTB1
Old 12-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #28
sweetDD
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebrainette View Post
http://www.manhattantoy.com/product/...y_Stella_Peach
We bought our daughter a Baby Stella when she was about 2. You can change her clothes and diaper. Her paci adheres by a magnet. She is super soft!
So cute,,,
sweetDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #29
MavericksMama
Registered Users
seller

I like the Berenguer Mini La Newborn dolls for little ones.
MavericksMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #30
MavericksMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyMum View Post

We have the Melissa and Doug Brianna. Have had it for two years now, and it's my daughter's favorite out of about 5 or 6 dolls. Her hair combs up and styles well too.
MavericksMama is offline   Reply With Quote