Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
clnapoli
Registered Users
seller

8 days of travel?? Can I make it work with cloth?

We normally use Flips with stay-dry for daytime, Freetimes with hemp doublers for nighttime. How can I make this work for travelling? We'll be in a hotel the majority of the time, and don't think I'd be able to make it to a laundromat. Should I just use sposies? Last time I used them I was missing my cloth!

WWYD??

Advertisement

clnapoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Re: 8 days of travel?? Can I make it work with cloth?

We travel quite often and have never had to use sposies. I have used a disposible insert here and there. I think the system that you have would work great for travel. I use Flips and flats when we travel. You will have to figure out how to wash unless you have a ton of diapers, but who wants to pack all that anyways. I just usually just wash once or twice in a weeks time.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
clnapoli
Registered Users
seller

do you have to do anything different with the dirty diapers when going longer between washes? i usually rinse out dirties, and everything goes in the diaper pail...i wash every other day, but have enough diapers for at least 4 days.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
sandrc
Registered Users
seller

i bought flour sack towels from walmart before my last trip. that way i could stuff them in my pockets or snappi on or padfold in flips and be able to handwash. they are cheap too. they work well for daytime.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #5
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've done 6 days on the road and an 8 day camping trip (plus several other 3-5 day travels). I really like flats for traveling because they wash up easily regardless of the water situation (hard, soft, unknown) and they don't take up much space. It sounds like the Flips would too though. Good luck mama!

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #6
clnapoli
Registered Users
seller

thanks for the encouragement! i think i'd feel accomplished if i did it i guess i can always get sposies while gone if i really have to.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If it were me....I would use sposies.

I know that's not popular, but its what I would do.

I have used cloth (happily) when traveling 2-4 days. But, if I were traveling longer than that, and didn't have GOOD access to a washing machine, I would do sposies.

An alternative that I would consider is to use sposies for the first 5 days, then use my cloth for the remaining 3 days and launder when I get home.

Just me....
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #8
clnapoli
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady longs View Post

An alternative that I would consider is to use sposies for the first 5 days, then use my cloth for the remaining 3 days and launder when I get home.

Just me....
that may be a good suggestion. that way i wouldn't have to worry about staining/stink issues when i'm away from my normal routine. thanks for your input
Old 12-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #9
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by clnapoli View Post
do you have to do anything different with the dirty diapers when going longer between washes? i usually rinse out dirties, and everything goes in the diaper pail...i wash every other day, but have enough diapers for at least 4 days.
I do not. Some might suggest rinsing out the nightime diapers, but BG microfiber is pretty forgiving with regard to staining and stink. I would use a little bleach or bacout when you got home on the diapers to ensure they got really clean. We've gone as long as week. At home I wash twice a week maybe three, but I have two in cloth. We use BG during the day.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #10
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

These days, we use sposies if we're going somewhere where a washer and dryer aren't readily available. We've done it both ways but for me, it's gotten to the point that when I'm on vacation, I just don't want to worry about washing diapers, running out of diapers, losing diapers, etc. And then there's the fact that there's already a ton of laundry to catch up on when we get home, if I don't have to do diapers on top of everything else it's a huge relief.

So, I'd do sposies, even though I miss my cloth when we do use them. Good luck with whatever you do!
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote