Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Support belt Yes or no?

I was thinking about getting a support belt this time around since this being my 6th baby it's riding really low and feeling really heavy on me. Has anyone ever used one? I looked online at used ones and they always say they bought and never used or used 1-2 times which makes me think they weren't comfy or just not helpful. Any thoughts on comfort or helpfulness? Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 03-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
mamato2boyz
Formerly lyndibri
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 812ajack
I was thinking about getting a support belt this time around since this being my 6th baby it's riding really low and feeling really heavy on me. Has anyone ever used one? I looked online at used ones and they always say they bought and never used or used 1-2 times which makes me think they weren't comfy or just not helpful. Any thoughts on comfort or helpfulness? Thanks!
DDC from May

I use my belt CONSTANTLY. I am on my third and when I am standing or walking a lot, it makes a huge difference.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forumh
Old 03-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #3
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller

I'm getting one from a friend and hoping it helps with the SI issues I have going on. I think it's worth a shot. Especially is you can find them used.
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:23 AM   #4
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
Re: Support belt Yes or no?

I worry a used one would be stretched out?? However, if they were otherwise pretty expensive, I might go for it. I need to get one.....this is #3 for me and she is riding way low....I get a lot of SPD and sciatica, plus the pressure. I used one of those neoprene bands for a while but my belly blew way out last week and I dont think its helping anymore.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #5
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have been wearing one since my first (I have back problems). It is a life saver. There are many on the market that I have tried and this one, even thought it's the most cumbersom, is by far my favorite! I do not use the top strap though. I wear it a LOT! I actually have two so I could keep one in my diaper bag just incase I needed it when I wasn't planning on being out walking. Also, with this one, at the end of pregnancy when your hips get loose you can wear it lower and it helps a LOT! I definitely recommend getting one. This is my 4th pregnancy and the velcro is just as good as new on it. It has pilling but that's no biggy (I wear it over my pants but under my shirt).

http://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/pr...ww.toysrus.com

Hope this helps!
Old 03-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #6
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have been wearing one since my first (I have back problems). It is a life saver. There are many on the market that I have tried and this one, even thought it's the most cumbersom, is by far my favorite! I do not use the top strap though. I wear it a LOT! I actually have two so I could keep one in my diaper bag just incase I needed it when I wasn't planning on being out walking. Also, with this one, at the end of pregnancy when your hips get loose you can wear it lower and it helps a LOT! I definitely recommend getting one. This is my 4th pregnancy and the velcro is just as good as new on it. It has pilling but that's no biggy (I wear it over my pants but under my shirt).

http://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/pr...ww.toysrus.com

Hope this helps!
Old 03-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #7
lizgrace07
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've been wondering about this as well. Good to hear the reviews.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #8
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks ladies! The one I found was a motherhood one, she said she bought and never wore it. Anyone used this one? Any good?
Old 03-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #9
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 812ajack View Post
Thanks ladies! The one I found was a motherhood one, she said she bought and never wore it. Anyone used this one? Any good?
ddc
The one I have is from motherhood, and was recommended by my physical therapist. But they have several different ones.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #10
Phaedramekko
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been thinking about getting one. I think it would be extremely helpful when I am at work. I am a server and working just causes a bunch of pain.