Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #21
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
For pee dispers, wipe the external girl parts with a wet wipe at every change. I also hit the legs and bum because I have found that DD will get irritated skin. I use one wipe most of the time. Id do the same for a boy.

I do not clean the internal parts around tje ureatha except if there is a need - big messy job that got everywhere, etc. It's a bigger issue when there newbies and have liquidy poops. Once my DD started having solid poop, it was less of a problem because it didn't move forward too much. As for the vagina, I just make sure the parts I can see are clean. I don't want to mess around and push anything inside.

I bathe my DD pretty much every day (shes 2) and we wash the internal and external parts with a gentle soap and wash cloth.

I seem to remember the ped telling me not to mess around with the folds and crevices around the urethra too much when she was a nb but that if you needed to clean to take a q tip soaked in water and GENTLY cleaning up. Talk to your ped when baby is born I seem to remember being given explicit instructions on the matter. I just can't remember. sorry preggo brain.

Advertisement

AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #22
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Moms of girls - re: wiping

Yes, I wipe EVERY time. Pee on skin can cause rashes and skin breakdown. I only use water on my wipes.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:51 AM   #23
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody View Post
I have 6 girls. I wipe at every change. Who wants pee allover themselves? I sure dont, dry or not we wipe. (Always wiped my son down as well). I just use one wipe that is wet.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:00 AM   #24
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam's mum
I do wipe down the crack, so to speak (desperately hoping my daughter never finds this, haha). I don't spread her labia apart to wipe unless there's been a really messy poop, or if I've had to use a very thick diaper cream.
Same for us with two girls.
firststella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:46 AM   #25
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yep, we wiped w/ a water-dampened wipe @ every change...who wants to have the baby (or toddler) w/ pee-pee stink?

Same as others, it was pretty much surface wipe-down for urine, whatever was needed for thorough cleaning up for poop.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:54 AM   #26
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have two girls and we only wipe for poo or if they're naked I'll dab the bum dry.
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:56 AM   #27
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMommy View Post
For pee dispers, wipe the external girl parts with a wet wipe at every change. I also hit the legs and bum because I have found that DD will get irritated skin. I use one wipe most of the time. Id do the same for a boy.

I do not clean the internal parts around tje ureatha except if there is a need - big messy job that got everywhere, etc. It's a bigger issue when there newbies and have liquidy poops. Once my DD started having solid poop, it was less of a problem because it didn't move forward too much. As for the vagina, I just make sure the parts I can see are clean. I don't want to mess around and push anything inside.

I bathe my DD pretty much every day (shes 2) and we wash the internal and external parts with a gentle soap and wash cloth.

I seem to remember the ped telling me not to mess around with the folds and crevices around the urethra too much when she was a nb but that if you needed to clean to take a q tip soaked in water and GENTLY cleaning up. Talk to your ped when baby is born I seem to remember being given explicit instructions on the matter. I just can't remember. sorry preggo brain.
It's actually better to keep soap away from genitals, especially in girls as it can cause infections...
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:03 AM   #28
knodceo
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody
I have 6 girls. I wipe at every change. Who wants pee allover themselves? I sure dont, dry or not we wipe. (Always wiped my son down as well). I just use one wipe that is wet.
This.

I was always concerned with rashes.
knodceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:04 AM   #29
CASMama711
Registered Users
Formerly: chmom77
seller

Nope. None of my babies get wiped for pee. As long as the diaper is absorbent enough and they're changed frequently, there shouldn't be any moisture on their skin.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:15 AM   #30
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda29 View Post
Just wipe for dirty diapers, just like boys. But girls are much harder to wipe off IME. They have all these folds and crevices that "stuff" gets mooshed into....
This! I would rather change 10 not vs 1 girl poop... I swear DD gets poop in get vagina every since poop! DH gets stressed having to clean all her parts out.

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote