Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 08:21 AM   #31
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Moms of girls - re: wiping

I always wiped at every change. Wouldn't the ammonia sitting on the skin be bad?

Advertisement

Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #32
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

lol - I know lots of people who say boy parts are easier to clean than girl parts, but I have not experienced the same, um, experience. With girls, you just swipe through all the cracks once or twice depending on the situation. With my boy, you have to wipe the bum, then get all the poop off the scrotum and under the penis. With a girl at least you can clean up the outer layers, then spread the skin and clean the inside. With a boy, you have to lift the penis to clean under it, then lift the scrotum and try to clean that off. That thing is like a moving target. It's soft and squishy and moves all over. and it's got ridges. Yuck. I would change a girl diaper any day over a boy diaper.

Sorry, I've added nothing to the conversation.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #33
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty
lol - I know lots of people who say boy parts are easier to clean than girl parts, but I have not experienced the same, um, experience. With girls, you just swipe through all the cracks once or twice depending on the situation. With my boy, you have to wipe the bum, then get all the poop off the scrotum and under the penis. With a girl at least you can clean up the outer layers, then spread the skin and clean the inside. With a boy, you have to lift the penis to clean under it, then lift the scrotum and try to clean that off. That thing is like a moving target. It's soft and squishy and moves all over. and it's got ridges. Yuck. I would change a girl diaper any day over a boy diaper.

I almost had to get a q-tip to clean out DD's vagina the other day. Seriously that girl gets it jammed all the way up there...it's gross!
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #34
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

I have 3 boys and a girl and oh my gravy do I agree with you! Poop gets on all the little crevices of the scrotum and that is tough stuff to get off! My youngest had digestive issues and had grainy poop a lot...yuck!! DH doesn't like cleaning dd when she has a big poop, he's just uncomfortable doing it but he will. I've never had to get a q-tip for her but it's come close sometimes.
To answer OP, no I don't wipe for pee (didn't with boys either) unless she's dehydrated and it's more concentrated. If she had a super soaked diaper in the morning that leaked I do it then also.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:45 AM   #35
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:

I feel the same. Cleaning my girls has been super easy, but my son...omg, that stuff was everywhere!!!!

And it is such a delicate area on a boy....ouch.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #36
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:

Truth be told, girl diapers freak me out. The "worst" that as ever happened with my boys is scraping poo nibblets off their scrotums. Sandy poops were the worst, but nothing that a quick sink bath can't fix. Girls, on the other hand, I have changed a few when there is literally no end in sight to the poop mess. Add to that the horrible burning pain I had after baths as a kid, which I still remember to this day, because of even the most sensitive soap. Yuck. I literally could only take a bath in pure water, then stand to clean my body, or I was screaming in pain the next time I peed after my bath. So yeah, not looking forward to girl diapering. Thank GOD we EC, at least that should cut down on some issues.
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #37
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Infant girl poop is a pain, but probably just as difficult to clean as infant boys. They are just different kinds of difficult. For DD, I've had to use Q-tips a couple times. I actually got some really thin cloth wipes to have on hand when DD had poops that got into hard to clean areas. The two-layer flannel or velour wipes were too thick for girly folds.
Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #38
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASMama711 View Post
Nope. None of my babies get wiped for pee. As long as the diaper is absorbent enough and they're changed frequently, there shouldn't be any moisture on their skin.
This.

But I also bathe them very regularly, so it's not like they are smelly. No rash issues, here, either. Actually, I stopped wiping at every change after it started causing rash issues with my oldest when she was a baby.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #39
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I guess cleaning poop off my son never bothered me b/c we have a wipe warmer. I nice warm wipe would soften everything up and it wiped up super easy. No wrinkly skin... LOL

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #40
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Last edited by mrspopo; 07-08-2013 at 12:58 AM.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote