Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
mskalinin
Registered Users
seller

Going from 1 to 2 in CD?

Hi ladies! I am pregnant with our second and we want to continue cloth diapering. We will probably get a diaper service for the first couple months like we did with our son, but after that it will be us washing and maintaining the stash.

My questions is: Do you all have any tips for this transition? I was thinking about it the other day and realized I will probably have new baby in prefolds for the first 6 months of his/her life. Our son is currently 1.5 years old and wearing mostly pockets and BB diapers. I would like to see if the BB dipes work on a smaller baby, but then I thought, well I don't want to have to switch the settings every time!

Will I need to buy double the amount of dipes I have currently? I have the prefolds from when our son from small (yellow edge GMDs) but after that its all stuff that he is wearing currently. Will I be doing laundry every other day instead of every 4th day? Do you separate the two sizes or do them all together?

So just looking for any tips and advice you might have to share, thanks!

Advertisement

mskalinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Re: Going from 1 to 2 in CD?

I have two in cloth 21 months apart. I did wind up buying extra dipes for ease and I didn't want to wash more than a couple times a week. Otherwise, nothing really changed. I just have to be careful to not go more than a few days because it stacks up super fast. Initially I had the stashes separated because it was annoying to always check the diaper that you are using, but now they are on the same rise setting. We use mostly BG.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Oh buy some extra wipes. That was seriously the thing that floored me the most was how many freaking wipes we went through those first few months.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #4
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I will have two in diapers.three total.I have pockets some with eight snaps some with ten with over layup snap so I can tell difference. I think a friend said about twenty five each. Twins though. I would do together. I do my mama stuff in with dapers. U could get different brand in same style to tell difference.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:30 PM   #5
DeniseH80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have 3 in diapers. I would suggest just increasing your stash a bit. It does complicate things a bit when all are wearing a different size but i just wash all together and separate prior to stuffing (ihave a lot of pockets)