Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Anybody else have mild scoliosis? How do you manage the muscular pain?

I have mild scoliosis at the T4-T5 vertebrae in my neck/upper back. It's a left/right curve, not front-back, so looking at me you can't tell I have it. I've been to physical therapy once for muscular pain on the right side of my neck/shoulder blades which helped, but now the pain is back. It's not unbearable but it's distracting enough to be a problem. I am constantly digging at my neck.

I find I have trigger points all along my scapulae on the right side of my neck, and all along my right shoulder blade, including deep underneath the shoulder blade. I use a foam roller for my hips and legs, but I just can't figure how to work out the knots in my neck. Heat helps, but only as long as I have the heat on there.

What to do? I hate chiropracters, but I'd be up for PT again. Anyone else deal with this?

Advertisement

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have mild scoliosis somewhere in my back, a little lower than yours. I have frequent back pain but lower than the scoliosis so I don't know if it's the cause or not. I see a chiro sometimes but don't feel like it really helps.

I guess I'm saying I'm looking for suggestions to help with back pain too. Because with 2 kids I have to use my back, a lot lol.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #3
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yup and a GOOD chiropractor change change your life. Faster than an hour of PT. seriously it takes me less than 5-10 minutes. And I loath pt appointments that are scheduled between Childcare and school pickups. My Chiro is crazy busy and awesomely flexible!

Last edited by keen1981; 12-13-2012 at 12:17 PM.
keen1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anybody else have mild scoliosis? How do you manage the muscular pain?

I have lower back scoliosis. When I can afford it, I go to a chiro. Love them. The rest of the time (the past 4 yrs ), I just deal with the pain.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #5
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma
I have lower back scoliosis. When I can afford it, I go to a chiro. Love them. The rest of the time (the past 4 yrs ), I just deal with the pain.
You know what I
Do? Because my back pain ruined so much for me in the past- is make a deal with my Chiro for x-amount of visits at a wicked discount- paid up during tax time. It has been genuis!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #6
Leah52
Registered Users
seller
seller

Chiro. I had severe double curve scoliosis corrected by surgery but still 25+ degrees. I don't have a lot of pain but the chiro does help.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #7
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

DS and I both have it. I didn't find out until I was an adult after I dealt with back and neck pain and spasms most of my early adulthood. DS is not bothered by his, at least yet, and his is worse than mine. Mine would cause the muscles in my lower back and in my neck (never at the same time) to spasm and lock up, to where I couldn't move (with my back) or my neck was stuck bent to my shoulder. Such a pain. At those times, only muscle relaxers could help me. For some reason, a few years ago I suddenly stopped getting those muscle spasms, when I used to get them all the time. *shrug* At this point, I just deal with the day to day pain. I have never been to a chiropractor.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote