Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2012, 11:13 PM   #1
HugeBabyBoy
Registered Users
seller

Why are people starting the 12 Days of Christmas tomorrow?

I've seen it posted on FB and else where, and I'm perplexed.
The 12 days of Christmas is the actual 12 days between Christmas and the Epiphany, aka "Little Christmas". This is when the 3 Magi found the Baby Jesus.

Am I missing something? Like this is a new kind of pre-12 days of Christmas before the 12 days of Christmas??
I'm lost.

Advertisement

HugeBabyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #2
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
People are uneducated and assume it means the 12 days before Christmas. I only know about the real meaning of it because as a Catholic, Epiphany is a Holy Day
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:07 AM   #3
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 12 Days of Christmas

I have never heard of The Epiphany. I'm assuming it's because I'm not Catholic, have no Catholic family or friends, or any other ties to Catholicism. I was raised Baptist and am still Baptist.

I have always thought that the 12 days of Christmas led UP to Christmas, not come after it.

So, I'm assuming that it's because the non-Catholic people (like myself) just got it wrong and it's turned into a fun way to count down to Christmas.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:45 AM   #4
HugeBabyBoy
Registered Users
seller

Ahhh ha! Well, that would certainly explain it. For the life of me, I had no idea what was going on. It really is the simplest explanation, and I'm silly for not coming to that conclusion.

We have always celebrated the 12 days of Christmas. As kids, it was AWESOME!! Gifts and surprises went on for almost 2 weeks... Yippee!! (says the 7 year old trapped in side me, lol).

I thought I was missing out on something. ;( that said, I'm a bit sad... A pre-12 days of Christmas would have made it a month long party.
HugeBabyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote