Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #11
KLJ07
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question for those who have had a Mirena placed

I also had some bad cramping, but nothing like you're describing. Definitely call your doctor.

Advertisement

KLJ07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:07 AM   #12
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

Do you have a fever?
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #13
MelandMack
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

When I had my second mirena placed......5 years after my first and not shortly after having a baby it did not hurt too bad to be placed. But then on the drive home the pain got so bad I thought I was going to get sick and pass out (thankfully I was able to pull over onto a side road and stop the car). I was in quite a bit of pain for the rest of the day. This was a very different experience than my first placement shortly after having a baby, during which I only had minimal cramping.
I talked to my dr about the pain at my follow up check and she it is very normal to be in a lot of pain if you are having the mirena placed at a time when your uterus and cervix were not recently stretched from a pregnancy and birth.
By the next day the pain was only minor occasional cramps and then went away totally by the 3rd day.
Fleece Diapering Items- www.wildchildforbabies.etsy.com - **Goodbye Sale**- All reminaing fleece is stocked. Use Coupon Code GOODBYE25 for 25% off orders of $15 or GOODBYE to save an extra 10% on any order.
MelandMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #14
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

I never had any of those symptoms. I see it's been a while since you posted. I hope you're ok!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #15
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
How are you this morning, Mama?
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #16
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thank you ladies so much! I called my doctor last night, and she said that it can be normal but to give it to midday today and if it wasn't better to come in. Since I was in pain last night I was unable to sleep, but at 4am I was exhausted enough and I slept until 10:30 this morning. My pain is MUCH better today, still slight cramping and some pinches if I bend over just right, but nothing like last night. I've been drinking red raspberry leaf tea constantly (it helps with my menstrual cramps, and seemed to help me be able to sleep last night) and been keeping myself doped up on Aleve and ibuprofen. Hopefully by tomorrow I won't be cramping anymore.

It sucks, b/c today is my birthday and I get to sit here in pain, but I get to veg out and have DH and DS dote on me. Thanks again ladies, I appreciate it!!

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.

Last edited by somo_chickenlady; 12-13-2012 at 10:34 AM.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #17
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: In a turn of the century farmhouse with my 2 favorite people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom1mg View Post
I on the other hand had horrid, horrid pain and nothing was wrong. Just REALLY bad cramping.
Same here. Worst cramping of my life...spend 4 days either on the couch or in bed and swore come Monday I was going back to have it removed. Monday morning came and I was fine and haven't had an issue since.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:43 AM   #18
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommagruber
Sounds like you should call your ob. I have had the mirena and the paragard, neither of which hurt like that at all. Minor discomfort when placed. But no bad pain at all.
It won't hurt just to checked and better safe then sorry.
sorry you're in pain!
This was my experience as well.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:29 AM   #19
Puppydog
Banned for 6 months for ignoring repeated request to attempt to be polite/respectful.

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Secondly. So sorry you were in pain. I'm petrified of having an IUD fitted but know I will have to one day.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #20
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks!! The fitting wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was terrified beyond belief, and my blood pressure was through the roof (even the lady that took it was shocked), but the only part that was really uncomfortable was when she used the sounding rod to measure the fundus of my uterus. That part was kind of a pain b/c my cervix is really long and she was having trouble getting it all the way through. It wasn't unbearable, though, easy to breath through. After that it wasn't bad at all. Not nearly as bad as I anticipated.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote