Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #11
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
My husband's wife. She's terrible at picking out gifts. Girl is trrrbly uncreative.

I'm Incredible.
Mom to a girl - 6, a boy - 4, and Baby - 2

Last edited by Dory; 12-13-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Dory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Fess-up: who's SO isn't the greatest gift giver?

My dh is thoughtful as well, but the gifts are never quite right. They are almost always off a bit- unless its something for the house then he is usually spot on. I feel bad a lot because his gifts are just not quite right, but I never speak up. he got me some pearls when I had dd- which would have been great except they were huge. Not huge, huge like they are suppose to big just on the bigger side. I am a small person and needed dainty little pearls to look right. The ones he got are just too big and they look funny on me. Its always stuff like that- almost perfect but just a little bit off.
SAHM to LR 7/26/07 and IHM 10/6/10, wife to a self proclaimed genius, ex-navy guy. Going places and doing things that I always dreamed of, but never imagined I would.
jbug_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #13
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
My Mood:

Well, both my DH and I are not great gift idea people, so I can't complain really

We just take each other shopping, or buy what we want and say, ok, this is my birthday present! I think we've both learned to take it lightly.
Mama to 2 munchkins, loving wife to P , who supports me in all I do.
Thirsties, Niji cotton, wool wrap, Imse Vimse
SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #14
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
My Mood:

Mine! He thinks too much lol! It's kind of my fault because he asks for an exact list (including sizes, colors or patterns) but I REALLY like the surprise on Christmas morning So now I give him a list to help us both out
Cindy wife to B Mommy to C 3/10 S 3/11 K 4/13 due 10/15
cdeweese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #15
Registered Users
My husband almost always forgets to buy stuff. My birthday this year, he gave me money to spend only on me. I'm not good at shopping for me, so after a month in my wallet it went in the gas tank. The things I want are too much for people to buy, and I dont like how I look right now so I dont want clothes. Plus i only wear yoga pants and pjs. Last year the girls were asking about why my stocking was empty and why I didnt have a present under the tree. I ordered us both a present yesterday, we dont have money for the girls to pick us out anything this year unless we luck into the insurance check for dhs car wreck soon. Most of that is already claimed though, fixing his other car and doing Kamilles birthday
Mom to Kamille (9), Alexis (7) and Rayne (2)
TTC...thinking blue....but staying team green
AzulMariposa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #16
Registered Users

I keep trying to reform my husband into a great gift giver, but it's just not working. I am the person who loves to really think about the reciever and make or pick out something that's just perfect for them. DH is the person who gave me a spaghetti spoon for my birthday this year because he broke mine.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #17
Registered Users

yep! HE forgets to shop - doesn't care about making other people happy, thinks of gift giving as a burden, and will buy the complete opposite of what the person wants/needs.

But really his basic philosophy is......he doesn't think there is EVER a reason to give someone a gift...he feels like if someone wants/needs something they need to just go get it.

Unfortunately I LOVE getting gifts and It makes me HATE all gift holidays with him
Lanicia Mama to 3 crazy kiddos - A - 14 P - 6 E - 5 and a little baby J - 2

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #18
Registered Users

My dh is not a good gift giver on his own.

He also has a tendency to buy gifts based on what he thinks society mandates, or how he thinks other people will react...for example, on our anniversary in november we got into a bit of an argument because he spent $40 on flowers for me. I have told him a hundred times that flowers are a waste of money, but if thats what makes him seem like a "good" dh in other ppls eyes he has to do it. And honestly i dont like being given a chore (i have to stop what im doing when he brings them in, cut the stems, put them in water, gather and throw away the wrappings and stems...). When he brought in the flowers i actually had to ask him to grab the vase that was on the shelf by the tv, still holding dead (not dried, but dead and molding from neglect) flowers he bought me for sweetest day in october! If i care so little that i let them dry out and rot, then maybe you shouldnt buy more.

I went out and bought what i had actually asked for (which was also $40)...and he got upset because i wasted the $40 he spent on flowers...... umm wasted the money when you bought a gift more for you than for me (in that he thinks society expects it of him and that he will look bad if he doent).
Jen -momma to MaryKate 12/13/07, Kara 7/22/09, Adalane "Laney" 2/9/11, ^angel^ 10/13, & Jacob 8/21/14

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:19 AM   #19
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by Done at 3 View Post
I am embarrassed to say that I do all of my own Christmas shopping. He isn't great at picking stuff and couple that with a wife who has control issues :/ and well... It's a real shame because I do like surprises but the thought of him overspending for something or not getting free shipping or not using a coupon code- ahhhh it's too much!! I need help
This is ME!! It actually makes Christmas much more enjoyable when I shop for myself. I do leave the stocking stuffer part up to him, though.
Daughter of the Risen King, Loving wife to Joe,

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote