Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #11
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you have a name theme? Come share! :)

No. All kids have Italian names either first or middle, but that's not a theme.

Advertisement

JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #12
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Boys have Puerto Rican first names and Irish middle names, girls have Irish first names and Puerto Rican middle names. That's the plan anyway.

We followed "the plan" with DS but because he's named after dh we ended up calling him by his Irish name anyway! Which then turned into calling him Wolfie, approximately what Faolan means.

I need to make him a onesie that says "I got 99 names and mama don't call me 1"
Old 12-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #13
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

We did friends or family. My dd was named for multiple family members, both first and middle. Ds1 was named for my brothers. Ds2 was named for my best friends first 2 sons. Soon all three will also have my maiden name as a second middle name. My husband refused with my dd but allowed for my sons. Now at 13 my dd is very insistent she also wants my maiden name as a second middle name. We discovered it is only $20 but a lot of paper work to add it so will be doing so soon.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #14
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki
This made me laugh.

Wanna know our "theme" ?

We decided no two names in our family will start with the same letter! (b/c admittedly I hate the idea of all of the kids having same letter names So much so, that I wanted to go in completely the opposite direction.)

So, we have K, D, C, M, R and soon J. We don't plan on having more, but if we do, the next name cannot start with any of the letters already used.

We're weird. Er, different.

Oh, I guess I should add, we also include family member's names in our kid's names. I don't know why, but this is special and very important to me. It's been a family tradition in my family growing up forever, and I couldn't let it go, despite DH's opposition.

So, our DD1 is named after my paternal and maternal Gma and my Great Aunt. My DS1 is named after my FIL. My DD2 is named after both my MIL and my mother. And my DS2 will be named after my Dad.

DH hates it, as it restricts choices, but I like it b/c I feel like it honors those who helped you grow and contributed to bringing you into the world.
That's funny I refuse to consider a letter if its already been used for another kid! LOL

Oh I forgot all our kids have two syllable first and middle names!
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #15
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
That's funny I refuse to consider a letter if its already been used for another kid! LOL

Oh I forgot all our kids have two syllable first and middle names!
oh yea! syllables!

We have 2 syllable boy names and 3 syllable girl names. I would only consider 2 syllable boy names, and 3 syllable girl names. B/c otherwise it would sound weird.

My two older ones have 3 and 2 syllable names. So, could you imagine have that and then a "Luke" ? It just wouldn't sound right. Too abrupt. Finding names for our kids was quite fun. LOL. Poor DH.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #16
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

with my 1st husband, the only "theme" was that the names be unusual.

With DH, our 2 sons have Hawaiian 1st names, American middle, Samoan middle, then, lastly, Hawaiian middle. And they go by their 1st names and a slew of nicknames and combos of their middle names. (DH is Hawaiian/Samoan, I am Filipino/Cauc). Usually in Hawaiian culture (at least in his experience) you have a bunch of names, but your 1st is American and the rest are Hawaiian and his brothers, sister, mom and dad go by their American 1st names and he goes by his Hawaiian 1st middle name. Confused? lol!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #17
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

All of our children have names ending in long e sounds. It was a coincidence until #4 and then we decided to keep going. My name ends with long e as well. They all also have 2middle names.

Emmaleigh Catherine Anne
Avery Robert Melvin
Ainsley Helen Claire
Poppy Marilla Jane
Fionnlagh Ian James due 2/13
Old 12-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #18
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
All names start will J and are 2 syllables. Boys have 1 middle name and girls have 2.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #19
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not a theme presay but I intend to avoid names that lend themselves to nicknames. I think it is silly to name someone something with then intent on using a different name. I mean I get it but it's not my thing. I like that people use my name and my son's name and that is what it is. Sometimes people add a Y to my sons name but it sounds stupid so it doesn't happen often, not something that will stick.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #20
7 for now
Registered Users
seller

All our kids names end in the -ah sound. All our boys also start with J but not our girls names. If we have more kids, they boys with start with J and end in the -ah sound. Any girls will just end in the -ah sound.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
7 for now is online now   Reply With Quote