Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Kid's Glasses

Where do you get them? We need to update a prescription and we're looking for somewhere that's cheap. Same day service would be great, if that's at all possible. The only place we've gone is walmart, but they didn't have much selection that little (6 years old).

Advertisement

jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Kid's Glasses

I was going to say Wal-Mart, as that is where we have bought the majority of our children's glasses. All three of our kids where them, starting as early as 5.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
Superblonde Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I guess you have to decide if cost or speed are more important. I get an exam/ prescription from my local eye doc, then go online to goggles4you.com/
Old 12-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Costco has great prices.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #5
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

No costco around here. For those who have ordered online....how easy was it? How do you get the perfect fit? I drove all the way to Springfield today (2 hours) for Eyeglass world's "same day service" and 2 complete pair for $78 dollars, only to be told that it would take to weeks.

I think the walmart may have to do with which walmart you go to. I checked out one in Springfield today while I was there and they had a pretty great selection for kids. They had just remodeled. I ask if they could ship our order to our walmart...but they can't. So I think we're going to end up going with the local walmart anyway, just for convience. They don't have much selection here, but they're cheap and have a good warranty.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #6
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We use Vision Expo.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #7
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
No costco around here. For those who have ordered online....how easy was it? How do you get the perfect fit? I drove all the way to Springfield today (2 hours) for Eyeglass world's "same day service" and 2 complete pair for $78 dollars, only to be told that it would take to weeks.

I think the walmart may have to do with which walmart you go to. I checked out one in Springfield today while I was there and they had a pretty great selection for kids. They had just remodeled. I ask if they could ship our order to our walmart...but they can't. So I think we're going to end up going with the local walmart anyway, just for convience. They don't have much selection here, but they're cheap and have a good warranty.
The nice thing about Wal-Mart is that since they are virtually everywhere, you can get things taken care of if you're away from home. Unless you vacation to Oklahoma, where apparently none of the Wal-Marts have a vision center. But, when we lived in Vegas we went to visit family in Michigan and my oldest broke her glasses. We went to the Wal-Mart there and they replaced them because all the Wal-Mart computers are connected, so they checked the warranty and all was good.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote