Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #11
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: someone elses milk?

ive donated thousands of ounces with my first three, nursed a few of my nieces and friends' kids and received milk from friends for my special needs 5 month old. i used to think it was odd....even when i was donating but now that i NEED milk(short a few ounces a day EPing) im so glad that i have friends who share their extra

Advertisement

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #12
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ive used donor milk before and i would do it again
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #13
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would absolutely take it!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #14
CASMama711
Registered Users
Formerly: chmom77
seller

Yep, we've used donor milk.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #15
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

If you know & feel ok then do it. I8 had friend I was going to help then I sent lots to bank. She got milk rfrom close friends....
Old 12-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #16
PurpleDaffodil
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I donate to a friend from church, it feels amazing to help her and her little one! Our kiddos are roughly the same age, but hers was a preemie. I would hope friends of mine would do the same if it came down to it!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #17
brittrblackwell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep, I would love to donate. I feel bad that I have yet to after two kids but my 18m old is still nursing. I'm thinking I can start before he weens.
brittrblackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:14 AM   #18
IsabelsMama
Registered Users
Formerly: k***11
seller

I used milk from a friend and milk from a mama I met thru the LLL with DS because I have inadequate breast tissue and my supply can't keep up once baby starts consuming more. Now I am paying it forward because I had a 23w1d baby girl 6 weeks ago who only lived 10 hrs. I have been pumping since my milk came in and have about 120 ounces frozen so far to donate. I have been in contact with a milk bank to get approved as a donor and am also going to look into local mom to mom donation through the FB references above. I am totally comfortable with it, if you trust the donor and know about her diet and medications
BF'ing and pumping, CD'ing, babywearing, semi-crunchy, circ'ing, vax'ing, extended RF, non-cosleeping, married to DH for 8 yrs, WOHM (love my job but miss my kids during the day) mama to Isabel 12-24-07, Josiah 01-29-10 born at 32w, and missing my angel baby Abigaile Grace 11-26-12 born at 23w. My blog about our journey through this loss.
~1 Thess. 5:16-17~
IsabelsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #19
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

Two of my friends at work are stashing up for my baby in June. I've always had supply issues and they were more than happy to raise to the occasion. We're all hoping I won't need it, but having a safety net takes that extra stress away.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:12 AM   #20
Rossberrie
Registered Users
seller

I thought the question was regarding the age difference. I heard that as your child gets older the more calories your milk make for your child to keep up. If her friend who has a 5 month old could give to her child would that be enough calories. If anyone knows let me know too please
Rossberrie is offline   Reply With Quote