Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #21
jen_alessi
Registered Users
seller

Re: Is there a way to prevent pooping while pushing? :(

I did an enema, but I'm pretty sure I did poo a little. The dr. and nurses never told me if I did. Ignorance is bliss :-)

Advertisement

jen_alessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:36 PM   #22
Mommy2Be08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've pooped while pushing all three times. The first time with ds1 there was some meconium in my fluid they had mentioned it right before when I was pushing my husbans saw poop and was like "is that from the baby " and they told him no that's from the mommy he felt sooo bad. I had been pushing for 3 hours at that point poop was the least of my worries. He stil feels bad 4 years later though because he knew I was worried about it and hes the one who brought it up. With ds2 my body had been clearing itself out at home and I only pushed for 15 mins and it still happened. They just clean it up and move on. Dh didn't even know it happened. With ds3 I had a u c . And of course my system cleaned itself out while I was pushing in the pool. My husband was the one that had to deal with it and everything. I was more embarassed about this then he was. Poop happens. I would tell your husband to get on the same page or he can leave. You don't need to stress about it. It happens to lots of people whetherthwy know about it or not .

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using DS Forum
Jocelyne mommy 4 beautiful boys! Baby#5 Due August 2014 I'm Shaving my head to conquer childhood cancer! http://www.stbaldricks.org/participa...ge/675375/2014
Mommy2Be08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #23
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You could do an enema when you first go into labor. I'm sorry mama, I can't believe your DH and mom were laughing. TOTALLY inappropriate. Just remember, it's totally normal. I'm sure all doctors and nurses have seen it a million times before.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #24
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

don't feel bad about it for a second. it happens so much, it's sort of expected. try to brush it off if it happens again!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #25
MommyTephanie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenAppenzeller View Post
It really surprises me that so many people are that embarrassed about talking about poop with their husbands! I guess were pretty open about everything at our house. And yes poop is funny but everybody does it and I find its more awkward the more you try and pretend you dont do it. Pooping on display like that would be horrible tho, so sorry that was part of your birth experience.
I have to agree with you here... Everybody poops! Pooping during delivery made me a little nervous before I delivered my 1st but when you're going naturally, without drugs and you're naked as a jay bird, you stop worrying about the little things... Like poop. Now after my 2nd child where I pooped all over the bed in every position imaginable, it was much easier to just let it go. My hubbie and I joke about it. NBD!
MommyTephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #26
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

i had diarrhea for 3 days before labor, and during. Still pooped in the tub lol
Old 12-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #27
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first I didn't because I labored a lot on the potty and I think I got it all out before we got to the hospital. She was crowning when we got there, and I don't remember much, but my friend said that she was surprised that I didn't poop.

I totally did with the second. I was only in labor 2.5 hours and I didn't have the prelabor (for 3 of the 5 hours) that I did the first time. I just went from asleep to contractions 4 minutes apart. It did annoy me at the time, but I am pretty sure that the midwife took care of it before anyone else saw. We have a tiny bathroom, so I don't think anyone else was in there at the time.

I understand, OP. I'd much rather get through labor without pooping in front of people. It's one reason why I think that it's more natural to give birth squatting and/or with very few people around. I really just feel that birth is supposed to be a private event, and that is just one more reason.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #28
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Aww, OP, I feel so sorry for you. I have no idea if I pooped or not. I had an epi and so though I could feel the pressure of the head, I couldn't feel if I pooped and I couldn't see (I didn't want to watch in the mirror). My husband didn't say anything and I'm not going to ask. I'm glad I didn't have anyone else in the room other than my husband and the nurses and OB. I find giving birth just too embarrassing. It's natural and all but so is love making and so is pooping. For me, worrying about that and other unusual things I might do in labour when others are around would be very stressful. Perhaps you should consider having less people in the room next time so you can feel more at ease.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #29
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really don't think there's any foolproof method to ensure that you absolutely won't poop again at your next birth. A tactful man would not bring it up. It isn't the most attractive or great part about labor, but can't really be helped. Either you will or you won't. If people can't be mature and respectful about it, they shouldn't attend your (or anyone else's) birth.
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #30
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have no idea if I did with either of mine. I told DH not to tell me or mention it ever. With my first, I mentioned my fears to my doctor and she assured me that it was no big deal, that she and the nursing staff just deal with it quickly. I would have gone OFF on my mom or DH if they laughed.