Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-19-2012, 09:57 PM   #11
tasundance
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: M/C at 11w5d, I'm hurting, emotionally.

I would go in and have an ultrasound done. With my last baby at 14 weeks I had a huge gush that would not stop and in 5 minutes I was soaked through my pants. Went to ER and had an ultrasound done and baby was just fine. I was certain that I was losing him. It turns out I had an sch and I also had cramping. The bleeding was bright red and thick for a few days than turned to pink and brown and at around 20 weeks the bleed was gone. Baby is now 7 months old and healthy.

Bleeding alone does not mean a m/c is happening.
Praying for you that it is not a m/c and that your babay is healthy.

ETA: hcg stays in your body for days to weeks following a m/c so even if you are you will still show positive for awhile.

Advertisement

Tricia~29 Married for 11 years to Chad~34. Semi Crunchy mama to Aurora~10, Ethan~8, Jacob~6, Annika~3, Makenna~2, Niko James~1, and blessing #7 due 3/23/14
tasundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #12
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasundance View Post

Bleeding alone does not mean a m/c is happening.
Praying for you that it is not a m/c and that your babay is healthy.

ETA: hcg stays in your body for days to weeks following a m/c so even if you are you will still show positive for awhile.
Well the down part is that I am getting cramping that almost feels like mild contractions. The bleeding has stopped for now, but the cramping hasn't so I'm expecting it will start again. Its good to know that about the tests, I won't look at those until this is all over.

Thank you everyone for your kind words.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:43 AM   #13
jenniferaj072806
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am so sorry sweetie. All I can do is keep my Fingers Crossed for you and send you some virtual

jenniferaj072806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:39 AM   #14
laila
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Keeping my fingers crossed. *hugs*
Old 12-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #15
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Thank you all for helping me get through this, I really need women to talk to who can understand and relate. I'm confused about what is happening. I still feel crampy but the bleeding stopped in the middle of the night. Now I just see some brown when I wipe sometimes. Is this normal? How long was it before the bleeding picked up again if this happened to you? I'm scared of a m/c this late.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #16
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had bright red bleeding followed by brown with my sch. Mama, you need to go the doc for some peace of mind (either way it turns out) we are all thinking and praying for you.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:56 PM   #17
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Big hugs mama - bleeding and cramping are terrifying when pregnant. But as the other women have mentioned, it doesn't always mean your pregnancy is over. Get into your doctor as soon as you can. They can do an ultrasound and tell you exactly what is wrong. You might have placenta previa or a bleed that may require pelvic or bed rest. Just waiting it out may put you at more risk. I truly hope that it's something that passes and you go on to have a healthy pregnancy and baby.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #18
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I second Lucy's advice - go to see your Dr and get an u/s done, that will give all the answers and then you'll know what you're really facing. While it could be a loss, there are a large number of other things that could be causing the bleeding but with baby a-ok in there.

and mama.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #19
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Thanks for the advice! I was going to go in to see the dr but then I started to bleed last night again. It has never been heavy, but now the colour changed to dark red and every now and then I feel a squirt of blood but its not a lot when it happens. I also noticed a teeny tiny clot when I wiped. So I am certain this is a m/c, but its just taking time to all come out. I still feel quite crampy, I feel like I have my period right now. To be honest I am really frightened by how this will all go down. If anyone has words of advice for me, or anything that might help me through this, I appreciate it. I looked up info on m/c around 12w, so I think I know what is happening and going to happen yet.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #20
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think that you should still go into the doc. If its not an m/c then you are going to drive yourself completely crazy!

Stillbirthday.com is a good website. Just know that the pictures are graphic but they show what a m/c at certain gestations look like. mama.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote