Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #441
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B

I am not even having twins or anything but saw this pic and omg she is gorgeous!!
Such an adorable pic. Will your twins be identical or fraternal? And how many weeks are you?
Aww thank you!! They're fraternal and I'm 28 weeks tomorrow. Had that pic taken right at 27w1d.

Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #442
ilovemygirl
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group!

Kristen - I love your u/s photo. So sorry to hear you are on bed rest. I hope you'll be able to stay at home for the rest of the pregnancy. What an ordeal you went through!

I am so happy with my little loves and big sis is doing well too. The hospital stay was pretty good. There was only one staff member that I really had a hard time with and it was a patient care tech. She kept busting in and blasting on the lights -even at 3am- and was really rough with me and always woke the babies when she took their temps. She really pissed me off .. if you can't tell Other than that, everyone was really great. The nurses and lactation consultants were very sweet and helpful.
I'm so grateful to have healthy babies but it has been a much slower recovery than I'd like. I still can barely get up or stand for more than a couple of minutes without being in such horrible pain that I want to cry. It's sooooooo crazy hard to take care of two babies feeling like this. My doctor double checked last minute to make sure they were still definitely breech before the surgery, which they were, and I know I can't change it but I'm still having a lot of bad emotions about having the surgery. I hope it will get better with time.

How is everyone else doing?
ilovemygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #443
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ilovemygirl - Should be ilovemygirlS now eh? Thanks, I hope I get to stay home too. Still so excited for you! Share a pic if you get a chance! Glad your hospital stay was good! What was up with that patient care tech though, holy crap! I have NO tolerance for stuff like that and definitely would have gone off on her! I can only imagine how you're feeling trying to recover. Hope things get better over the next few days for you. (((hugs!))) Did Dr. L do the c-section himself or did you have MFM docs in there too? I'm trying to figure out how many people would be in there when I deliver. I'm just weird about stuff like that. I want to know all the details so I can be prepared. I'm really, really not excited about the idea of a c-section either so I can imagine how you must feel. I'm sorry That's great that he checked to make sure they were breech right before delivery though. So far I really like him. I hope it gets better and you can focus more on the babies and recovering. How has your DH been?

AFM - Bed rest is going well. I have noticed though that anytime I get up and move around, I contract like crazy. Not super painful but very tight BH's. Definitely keeps me from doing too much. I've got this crazy fear that my water will break one of these days and then there'll be no stopping anything. I just want to hold out until at least the first part of June so I can deliver at the hospital I want to and so my mom could be here to take care of my youngest DS if I had to go in the hospital for any reason. I would be so upset if he had to go to daycare! Anyway, trying to drink lots of water, eating as much as I can to put weight on these babies, upped my magnesium vitamins and trying to stay as calm and relaxed as possible!
Old 05-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #444
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

ilovemygirl--so glad you're all doing okay, though I hope your abdomen feels better soon.

Kristen-- it must be stressful. You're doing everything you can to keep those babies as safe as possible. Beyond that, there's not much you can do...giving up control can be the hardest part!

AFM--I had a pretty scary bleed over the weekend. It slowed down pretty quickly (by the time DP got home from grocery shopping), so I didn't go to the ER as the on-call had recommended , but pretty much laid down the rest of the day. DP got both hbs on the doppler, so I felt a little better. I followed up at the office today, by which time the bleeding had tapered off to some minimal spotting. I got some great pics of the babies, who are on track for growth, & both had good hbs & were moving around, but the tech found a 23cc bleed/clot. The NP I saw after said my cervix is still high & closed, but there is still a minimal amount of blood seeping out. The bleed could potentially compromise Baby B's placenta, but no imminent/immediate harm. She pulled me from work for the rest of the week & told me to stay home on bedrest & told me to take an iron supplement. I'm lucky that work is flexible & that we had already paid for DD's DC this week . DP put the a/c in the bedroom window so that I can be comfy, too. Happy 12 weeks, eh?
Old 05-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #445
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

ilovemygirl - I'm so sorry about the C-section. I honestly think I would be upset about it, too. I am dreading it, but trying to stay positive because it could happen. Most Moms say after 2 weeks they are back to 'normal' so I hope the next 2 weeks go by quickly and you are feeling back and without pain soon.

Kristen - I hope those babies stay in there as long as possible! What kind of magnesium are you taking? It stops preterm labor (or helps stop it) is that correct? I hope that the bedrest works and they stay in longer. You have been doing so great with eating, I'm sure that will be a great benefit, whenever they arrive!

Skittles - How scary! I hope you don't end up having any problems with a blood clot in a placenta. Hoping all goes well and those babies continue to grow healthy!

As For Me: THIS Friday is our ultrasound... SO estatic. My Mom is taking our kiddos from Thursday evening until Monday evening. And I just realized I scheduled my u/s for 8am. On a day I could sleep in. Of course! Neither DH nor I will be excited about getting up SUPER early for the ultrasound, but once we get there I'm sure it will be great. DH decided to take the day off work, so we can nap once we get home. His job contract ends this Friday. Still waiting for them to extend it, which they most likely will, but still there is nothing in writing. Gotta love the gov't waiting until the very last minute.. for pretty much everything. Even if they extend it, it's only until August, and then there will be cuts. They believe almost all teams will get to stay until August, after that, not many. So we're still a little nervous about this week. And if that goes well, preparing for August.

Hoping to find out if these babies are fraternal or identical, and hoping they will look at placentas since they haven't yet, which has honestly surprised me. Can't wait to find out what they are. And the nice part about having an early ultrasound, is that we won't have DH's family hounding us for answers until mid-afternoon, thinking our u/s was later in the day. I'll have to post pics and info. when we get back on Friday.

So happy to see more babies being born, can't wait to see more pictures (PLEASE POST PICTURES when you can!! ) and hope everyone continues to do well!!
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:44 AM   #446
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Carrie - Oh my word how scary!! I'm so glad babies are ok and your OB is being extra careful with you! A LOT of my twin mom friends had SCH during their pregnancies so I know they're very common, especially after fertility but still, no less scary. Take it easy!!

Rachel, Yay for finally finding out who's in there! Be sure to let us know all about that and DH's work situation. What does he do? Is he contracted through the military? I know so many govt workers who have been furloughed

ilovemygirl, Hope you're feeling better and getting at least a little sleep! Did you join the CJMoM club? I did but haven't received info on getting on their forum. I really want to so I can pick their brains for info!

March, ok, please tell me what you did to try and flip your babies and when you started! I'm getting nervous my girls are still breech and the closer we get to my EDD the more nervous I am about having to have a c-section! Getting major cold feet about that and DH is on board to help anyway he can too.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #447
March
Registered Users
seller

Well, mine stayed breech and when we attempted a version, we only got Baby A transverse and ruined my chances of a breech vaginal birth because she got stuck transverse.

We tried:

Webster chiropractic adjustments
Pelvic floor exercise, breech tilts on an ironing board, couch inversions from spinningbabies.com
Moxibustion (which I had a hard time taking seriously)
Rebozo sifting
Flashlight, talking to baby A
Visualization
The "Mary, Undoer of Knots" novena with their godmother

And, finally, we contacted a midwife with a 100% success rate for versions, but she wouldn't do it for political reasons. She said it wasn't a crazy idea and we may as well try, and she explained how to do it and how to monitor with the Doppler at the same time. But since she was behind B, we could only move her so far, and we ended up with a stuck transverse baby and a necessary c-section. My midwife had found a midwife with twin and even triplet breech experience and 30+ years of midwifery practice who was willing to take us, too, so a breech vaginal birth was a possibility, but in the end, A was transverse and B was footling.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #448
March
Registered Users
seller

But I completely understand your reservations about a section; I did not love the experience in all honesty. It is so worth trying to turn Baby A! I started at 33 weeks when A first got breech and never stopped.

Oh! We also did belly binding to lift my uterus back into place because my abdomen was pendulous, which we think is probably what caused the malpresentation to begin with.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #449
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Awesome list, thank you!! I was wondering when to start trying. (28+2 today) I think if they're still both breech at my next u/s on the 29th I'll go from there. Pretty sure they're still footling breech right now but I'm not 100% sure. That's weird the midwife wouldn't help you try to turn them for political reasons? Seriously? Wow. Thanks again!!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #450
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricket24 View Post
Rachel, Yay for finally finding out who's in there! Be sure to let us know all about that and DH's work situation. What does he do? Is he contracted through the military? I know so many govt workers who have been furloughed
Yeah, he is contracted through the gov't to work on their computers. He started on the help desk answering calls from overseas military to help them fix their computers wherever they were stationed at, and now he does IT support with servers and networking and programming for the building that they implement in other departments. Mostly just local for the area, but still a lot of work. The problem is that they have about 5 teams, doing different things, with about 10 team members each. In all honesty, he knows that they really only need 2 teams, with 6-8 team members each. A lot of teams do nothing during the day, chat on FB, research google, and get paid a lot of money to do nothing.

So he is pretty positive whole teams will be getting cut, they just have no idea who, and when. Everyone is hoping they will just 'renew' the contracts this Friday, and then in August start making cuts. But no one really knows. Right before Christmas they cut a whole team unexpectedly, and everyone was very quiet. They got comfortable again, and now I would not be surprised if cuts are made this week. DH was working hard for an actual 'gov't' position that he was pretty much given before the sequestration happened, and all gov't hiring is on hold. He has been looking for others jobs, but they would all require a move for us, which would cost us quite a bit to fix what we need to at our rental, get packed up, have deposits for another place, etc.

Hoping nothing happens this week, but we are trying to be prepared for August when it comes. If he loses his job, he will most likely be on unemployment and go back to school for engineering, to hopefully open more doors that way, or get his Master's to help his IT career. I will be honest, as much as I am scared of having NO $ come August, I think I would enjoy having him home more to help with our kids and twins. I don't know if school would be more hours gone/away than work, but if it meant more time home, I'd welcome it. I would also welcome a higher paying job and a move if needed. I'd love to have the $ to hire a babysitter or some help.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote