Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #531
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily
Any update from KCMama? From what I remember baby girl was not doing well. Am I remembering that correctly?

How are you all doing? Kristen - Excited to be 33 weeks? Just a few more weeks for you, how exciting!! I can't wait until I get that far. On my calendar today, I'm writing down when I hit 35-36, and really aiming to get there. I'd really love to skip the NICU all together if at all possible, I have nightmares about not being able to nurse, having babies hooked up to things and getting tests all the time. While I know every pregnancy is different, and twins seem to come at random times for so many different people, I'm just hoping to keep on baking as long as I can.

My Mom took the kiddos for today, tomorrow, and Thursday so I can rest and catch up on housework. Trying to clean with 2 needy kiddos is impossible, and it stresses me out. So when they get back, I'm hoping to have my house clean, bags of stuff for Goodwill, and the house organized so I can just ENJOY time with them. I've noticed I'm on edge more, and yell and am irritated more than usual. Need to calm down, relax, and just take it easy every day. sigh.
Baby Addison passed away about two weeks ago.

Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 09:04 AM   #532
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05 View Post
Oh my goodness.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #533
March
Registered Users
seller

Oh no. My deepest condolences.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #534
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

Oh my goodness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by March
Oh no. My deepest condolences.
As far as I know, baby Colton is doing well. She hasn't posted recently. Praying that everything is going as well as can be expected.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #535
ilovemygirl
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:

I'm so terribly sorry to hear this. What awful news! I hope things continue to go well with her little boy.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #536
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
***TRIGGER WARNING!!***

Has a happy ending, but keep scrolling if you don't wanna see the sad.

Ok, whew, today has probably been the worst day of my life. Idk if I mentioned it yesterday, but my best friend Bonnie that lives in Alaska was induced yesterday afternoon because her babygirl Zoe had Premature Atrail Contractions which is usually corrected once the baby breathes O2 so they wanted to induce. Things were going well with the induction and she started pushing around 2:30am her time. She pushed for 3 hours, the baby's head was too big then it went back up and the cord prolapsed. They rushed her into an emergency csection and took the baby. The baby was born dead and that's the last thing Bonnie heard before they put her totally under. The baby's apgars were 1 & 3. They got the baby revived and then Bon wouldn't wake up. TJ (dad)wasn't in there and instead of calling Grace, Bonnie's mom, or telling any if us he called his family. So grace didn't know. He called me and I was driving, about lost it had to pull over and call grace to tell her. She was hysterical. At that point all we knew was the baby was breathing but not well and Bon wouldn't wake up. They're both ok now and in recovery but its been a very stressful day. I'm just glad the worst is over. Grace can't fly out until 7/4 so its up to space cadet TJ to take care of them until then.
Then I go to the chiropractor and my usually less than 120/80 BP was 135/99! It's never been that high, ever. I praying its just from the stress of today and nothing else.
Those who pray please pray for Bonnie and baby Zoe.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:58 AM   #537
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
***TRIGGER WARNING!!***

Has a happy ending, but keep scrolling if you don't wanna see the sad.

Ok, whew, today has probably been the worst day of my life. Idk if I mentioned it yesterday, but my best friend Bonnie that lives in Alaska was induced yesterday afternoon because her babygirl Zoe had Premature Atrail Contractions which is usually corrected once the baby breathes O2 so they wanted to induce. Things were going well with the induction and she started pushing around 2:30am her time. She pushed for 3 hours, the baby's head was too big then it went back up and the cord prolapsed. They rushed her into an emergency csection and took the baby. The baby was born dead and that's the last thing Bonnie heard before they put her totally under. The baby's apgars were 1 & 3. They got the baby revived and then Bon wouldn't wake up. TJ (dad)wasn't in there and instead of calling Grace, Bonnie's mom, or telling any if us he called his family. So grace didn't know. He called me and I was driving, about lost it had to pull over and call grace to tell her. She was hysterical. At that point all we knew was the baby was breathing but not well and Bon wouldn't wake up. They're both ok now and in recovery but its been a very stressful day. I'm just glad the worst is over. Grace can't fly out until 7/4 so its up to space cadet TJ to take care of them until then.
Then I go to the chiropractor and my usually less than 120/80 BP was 135/99! It's never been that high, ever. I praying its just from the stress of today and nothing else.
Those who pray please pray for Bonnie and baby Zoe.
How scary!! SO glad they are both doing well now, but wow, how crazy!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:25 AM   #538
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So I just found out that my hospital AND the one 15 minutes away only have basic care nurseries, so the NICU hospital is 30 minutes away. We use to live in Kalamazoo (30 min. away) and I have delivered there twice, and overall it was an okay experience. The hospital here (a branch off of the big Kzoo one) in my opinion is much better. They are more natural minded, more layed back, and the nurses are way better (nicer).

BUT... I thought that if we delivered here, and the babies needed any NICU, we would all be transported over. That is not the case. They will take the babies to the other hospital, and leave me here. I will have to fully recover here, be discharged like regular, and THEN I can go over there to see them, but can't check in there as a 'patient', only as a visitor.

I'm baffled. What would happen if we needed the NICU? My babies would be torn from me. No skin-to-skin, no nursing, I wouldn't even be able to send milk up every hour since someone would have to drive it over every couple hours, so they would formula feed them.

Hubby isn't sure what to think. He keeps pumping me up with the "You'll go full term, you keep worrying yourself, stop thinking about preterm/NICU stuff". While 38-40 weeks, full term, huge babies sounds awesome... it's not guaranteed. It's also not 'norm'. It's like... 40%, if not lower, of twin pregnancies. Every twin mom hopes for full term, healthy babies, both head down, vaginal natural birth. But it doesn't always happen that way, and it's hard for me to explain that to him. He said "Wouldn't you feel silly if we did all this changing around, traveled the extra 1/2 hour, to have you deliver at a hospital you don't prefer, with full term babies?". Well, YES. BUT.... wouldn't I be overjoyed if something happened (early OR full term) and I could rest assured my babies were only 20 feet away, instead of completely gone away from me until I recovered all on my own? Even then, I could only visit for a little bit, or I'd have to ask my Mom to take my kids to her house full time for a couple weeks (she lives 3 hrs away) and I would miss them too.

SUCH hard decisions. Hubby said we could stay where we are at, and if I go into labor early, or need to be induced early, just drive to the other hospital to demand care there, or tell my DR here I want to deliver there instead. But just because we want that to happen, doesn't mean it would go over smoothly. They could make up some story on how they had to keep me there, and wouldn't transfer me, or something. I'm not sure.

What do you ladies think?? What would you do??
Old 06-26-2013, 07:33 AM   #539
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
So I just found out that my hospital AND the one 15 minutes away only have basic care nurseries, so the NICU hospital is 30 minutes away. We use to live in Kalamazoo (30 min. away) and I have delivered there twice, and overall it was an okay experience. The hospital here (a branch off of the big Kzoo one) in my opinion is much better. They are more natural minded, more layed back, and the nurses are way better (nicer).

BUT... I thought that if we delivered here, and the babies needed any NICU, we would all be transported over. That is not the case. They will take the babies to the other hospital, and leave me here. I will have to fully recover here, be discharged like regular, and THEN I can go over there to see them, but can't check in there as a 'patient', only as a visitor.

I'm baffled. What would happen if we needed the NICU? My babies would be torn from me. No skin-to-skin, no nursing, I wouldn't even be able to send milk up every hour since someone would have to drive it over every couple hours, so they would formula feed them.

Hubby isn't sure what to think. He keeps pumping me up with the "You'll go full term, you keep worrying yourself, stop thinking about preterm/NICU stuff". While 38-40 weeks, full term, huge babies sounds awesome... it's not guaranteed. It's also not 'norm'. It's like... 40%, if not lower, of twin pregnancies. Every twin mom hopes for full term, healthy babies, both head down, vaginal natural birth. But it doesn't always happen that way, and it's hard for me to explain that to him. He said "Wouldn't you feel silly if we did all this changing around, traveled the extra 1/2 hour, to have you deliver at a hospital you don't prefer, with full term babies?". Well, YES. BUT.... wouldn't I be overjoyed if something happened (early OR full term) and I could rest assured my babies were only 20 feet away, instead of completely gone away from me until I recovered all on my own? Even then, I could only visit for a little bit, or I'd have to ask my Mom to take my kids to her house full time for a couple weeks (she lives 3 hrs away) and I would miss them too.

SUCH hard decisions. Hubby said we could stay where we are at, and if I go into labor early, or need to be induced early, just drive to the other hospital to demand care there, or tell my DR here I want to deliver there instead. But just because we want that to happen, doesn't mean it would go over smoothly. They could make up some story on how they had to keep me there, and wouldn't transfer me, or something. I'm not sure.

This is exactly why I'm in the situation I'm currently in with seeing nurse practitioners in a clinic. So that I can deliver at the hospital with the best nicu and not at the local hospital with just a regular nursery. The good hospital is an hour away though. It sucks right now, but with my history of PTL there was no way I was chancing it at the country hospital. Now watch me go to 39wks or something crazy like that!
I hope you can come to a decision that gives you peace.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:44 AM   #540
lindsey.leanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

I know I haven't been very active here on this thread but in my opinion I would make the switch now. I can't imagine not having plans to be with my babies if they needed special care.

I delivered my first set of twins about 30 min away because they had a level 3 nicu. I was lucky that although they were both breach and I had a c-section they were born healthy at 37 wks 2 days but I was still thankful to be there just in case.

AFM: I am 31 wks 1 day today and feeling pretty good. Unfortunately baby girl (a) is still breech and baby boy (b) is still high and transverse. I really need a to turn head down to go for a second vbac, so I am headed to the chiropractor today to see if the Webster technique and some acupuncture will get them in the right position.

How is everyone else feeling today?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum