Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-28-2012, 07:05 PM   #11
BubBubsMom
Registered Users
Formerly: TaReeses
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki

I attempted to do a small section in a not so sensitive part of the area. I have waxed eyebrows before, and I know to pull hard and fast. I was immediately blinded by pain, fell over, smacked my head on the sink, looked down and I was bleeding. Not badly, but oh wowzas my golly gee... trying to get the rest of the strip off was fun. It took sections of skin with it.

I am not up for baring my lady bits to another person, so that's why I attempted it myself.

I am totally amazed at women who have this done on a regular basis. You all must have hoo-haas of steel.
Hahaha hoo ha of steel! You know it jk. Yeah I attempted to it it myself once and like you I didn't get very far, that hurt like no other. But having a professional do it (I just got it done earlier today) it took only like 10-15 mins top. I do it regularly because my lady parts can get out of hand and I do not like shaving. Plus it lasts longer. It stings a bit but the only part that really hurts is close to the labia. And they usually use a breathing technique to help with that and it's fine. It stings and then the pain is gone. The first wax is usually the worst and any wax if you keep up with it after that isn't bad at all. I was like you once, I didn't want anyone else to see my parts but it was a complete stranger who has seen many others so I put it past me lol

Advertisement

BubBubsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #12
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

I waxed myself throughout my last pregnancy. I can't remember the brand name, but I used a wax that hardened. No hot wax/strips - omg, tried that once, THAT was miserable! The hard wax is so much easier to use and comes off so much more readily. The first time hurt the most. After that it wasn't that big of a deal.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #13
callejon87
Registered Users
seller

I've gotten waxed for years, but quit when I was about half way through my pregnancy. It is more tender during pregnancy and the first couple hurt more than the rest do, but I never found it unbearable-totally worth it. I quit because of the cost/winter in MN/lazy haha. They do kind of need you to trim before you go in at first, or shave about a week in advance otherwise the wax won't grab all the hair properly-it's getting tricky for me (38weeks) to manage that haha. But seeing the date on the post maybe you already delivered!

Mama to Myra (Jan '13), FPIES
callejon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #14
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Waxing

I am with Kiliki. 10+ pound babies - any day! Waxing down there? He11 no! I trim super short at 36/37 weeks, and if needed (and if still pregnant) a couple weeks later as delivery approaches, then as soon as my water breaks I take a shower and shave. Always clean as a whistle, feels great, and no pain!
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #15
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Omg!
I did it not pregnant and never again.
It was by a "professional "
I actually had skin splits that were bleeding!
Certainly not any shape I would want to be in shortly before giving birth.

At least go a few times before hand so you know what to expect.

I would shave if absolutely necessary

Eta I have have 3 natural births and would take that any day over having my bits waxed.

Last edited by mommy24babes; 01-15-2013 at 05:44 PM.
mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:00 AM   #16
clothdiapercrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

its really not THAT bad. Typically it lasts 4 weeks. As you have it done more regularly it will get thinner and more sparse and last longer and hurt less. Take a tylenol before you go. I also do not get all bumpy all over. I recommend soy wax, not the sugar wax. I do get red and irritated the first couple days of the first wax.

I DO however get bumpy and super irritated and tons on ingrowns from shaving. UGH no thank you.

Last edited by clothdiapercrunchy; 01-20-2013 at 08:01 AM.
clothdiapercrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #17
clothdiapercrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy24babes View Post
Omg!
I did it not pregnant and never again.
It was by a "professional "
I actually had skin splits that were bleeding!
Certainly not any shape I would want to be in shortly before giving birth.

At least go a few times before hand so you know what to expect.

I would shave if absolutely necessary

Eta I have have 3 natural births and would take that any day over having my bits waxed.
no offense to that professional but if you bled, they went over an area too much. If you bled from the hair follicle, that would be different but open or missing epidermis and bleeding is never normal or ok.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #18
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clothdiapercrunchy

no offense to that professional but if you bled, they went over an area too much. If you bled from the hair follicle, that would be different but open or missing epidermis and bleeding is never normal or ok.

That's why I put professional in quotes. Lol
She only went over it once but I don't think she was holding the skin properly. I had skin splits in ahem non hairy parts.

It's just not a situation I would want to be in at the best of times let alone close to giving birth.
If someone had been before and knew the person doing the waxing that's fine. I wouldn't go for the first time to someone I didn't know was great at it weeks before giving birth.
mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #19
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A couple of weeks ago, I shaved after not shaving my whole pregnancy. I thought it was my first week to get checked for my last month. MAN O MAN am I glad it wasn't the week. I think my husband could have done a better job with his eyes closed left-handed! Not only did I cut myself several times, but I also gave myself razor burn. That was uncomfortable for a good 3 or 4 days, lol! I went ahead and shaved again before the next appt, and it wasn't nearly as bad. The first time after not doing it for a while is brutal. I couldn't imagine a wax!
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:15 PM   #20
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

Something I learned in my birthing class: They used to shave women during labor (1950s era I think) because they thought it was more sanitary for the mom and baby. Then they did some experiments and they found that the hair actually protected the baby from some harmful bacteria on the mom's skin, and that removing the hair increased the chances that this bacteria would get on the baby. So there is a medical benefit to having hair down there when your baby is born.

That said, I used to wax before getting pregnant. it takes a few regular visits (once a month was best for me) but it gets much easier.

Last edited by Palooka; 01-20-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote