Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #11
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

If they have all that time to call and text, they have time to come over to wrap gifts and help take care of sick kids. I would leave the phone on and answer every text and phone call asking for help. Then they will probably stop calling on their own.

Advertisement

Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #12
HappyEarthCreations
Registered Users
Formerly: wonder1one
seller

Re: My big pregnant Christmas rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teexie View Post
If they have all that time to call and text, they have time to come over to wrap gifts and help take care of sick kids. I would leave the phone on and answer every text and phone call asking for help. Then they will probably stop calling on their own.
This is what I would do, too.
HappyEarthCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #13
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

I agree with every pp lol. But I would totally turn your phone off, or at least turn the ringer off and let it go to voicemail. Stress is not what you need!
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #14
oregonmom
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

You need a few days to just consentrate on yourself and your husband and children. Let everyone else be put on the back burner for a few days.

My DH has a seperate ring on my phone that everyone else. There are days that I don't bother to answer my phone unless it is DH's ring.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #15
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i let 90% of my calls go to voicemail when DH is at work. I just don't have time to deal with the non emergency stuff.

I say change your message (like the first poster suggested that is awsome) and let the calls go to voicemail.

Hang in there. I do get the annoyance. The boys were 4 and 3 weeks early. DD was induced 1 week early. From about 36 weeks on that is all i got was "have you had that baby yet, ect"
Old 12-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #16
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i let 90% of my calls go to voicemail when DH is at work. I just don't have time to deal with the non emergency stuff.

I say change your message (like the first poster suggested that is awsome) and let the calls go to voicemail.

Hang in there. I do get the annoyance. The boys were 4 and 3 weeks early. DD was induced 1 week early. From about 36 weeks on that is all i got was "have you had that baby yet, ect"
Old 12-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #17
snoggle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm due the day after Christmas and my family is driving me a bit nuts too, so I feel your pain. Though, I don't have any kiddos already and we've had no flu around here, so you've made me feel like I've got it pretty easy! LOL

Hang in there and let those calls go to voice mail.

I'm a Family Nurse Practitioner but I work in Women's Health. Married to my DH since 2005. We love our menagerie of animals at Nutwood Farm.
snoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #18
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am so sorry, mama. I had my share of craziness when DS was born but it wasn't this bad. Can you call a friend to come help get your house in order so you can enjoy the holidays? I hope someone can help you without bringing any more crazy. Big hugs to you.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #19
penelope picklebottom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone for the support. I've never been good at asking for help and I don't know who I would ask this time of year anyway. I do feel better just having vented though, and my dad did come over this afternoon and take me out to get a present for my husband. I was dreading trying to get my 3-1/2 year old in and out of the car seat and through the store so that was a major help. Presents may not get wrapped this year and I'm OK with that. Since nobody is coming for Christmas I'm just going to live with the mess until I feel better and the heck with the rest. And I haven't answered my phone since this morning
Old 12-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #20
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would tell your Dh to help with the gift wrapping. I had to persuade my Dh a bit but we will watch a movie and wrap gifts after the kids are in bed. The first night he wrapped a couple and fell asleep:/ But since everything was already out I did a bit myself. We will see how tonight goes, lol!
I would for sure change your voicemail and let people leave a message! Try to relax and enjoy your time with the kids before the LO arrives
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote