Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-24-2012, 01:42 AM   #1
LacyHolly
Registered Users

Red face New and confused.

Hi everyone!
I am a diaper swappers virgin and have no idea what I'm doing. We are currently pregnant with our first child (due in April). We are going to use cloth diapers, but I only know a little bit about them...I am open to listening to any advice you cloth experts have to share!

How do I go about buying some diapers on here if I find some that I'm interested in??

Advertisement

LacyHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
oregonmom
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: New and confused.

Welcome.

The easiest way to start buying stuff that you like is to pm the person selling what you want, but to do this you have to have (I think) 6 posts. Which means the first thing to do is start commenting on other peoples posts in some of the chat areas, or even start up your own threads in one of the areas that interests you. A really easy way to get up your post count is to go into one of the craft sections and just tell people how cute the pictures of their projects are.

After you get up your post count you can pm the person that is selling the item or items you want and they will pm you back with thier paypal address then you pay them. If you have questions about an item then you can usually post them in the thread about the item, but some sellers ask you to pm any comunication because they do not check their own threads very often.
I hope this helps get you started. If you have more questions please ask.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #3
jenner0280
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm new too! I'm finding the best way to get accustomed to the site is to read through the forums, especially the red stickies. I think there is a FSOT forum with links that outline specifically what you have to do to get approved to start buying. I think you need to be a member for 15 days, make 30 posts, and then get verified through Pay Pal. There may be something else too, I can't remember.

These forums are fantastic and I'm finding so much helpful information and very helpful people. It is nice asking a real person for their opinion.

As far as outside info on cloth diapers....before I came across Diaper Swappers I really liked all of the info on these two sites:

Green Mountain Diapers: http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/
Pin Stripes and Polkadots: http://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.co...ts/pc/home.asp

Both are stores but I found the info on their sites to be fantastic!
jenner0280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:44 AM   #4
jenner0280
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here's the link to the info about buying and selling here:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1102707
jenner0280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
fii
Registered Users
seller

Hello and congratulation on your pregnancy!

My little guy is 3 months old and we've been using cloth from birth. I started off just watching lots of youtube video reviews and reading blogs. Good luck!
fii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #6
Sankoji
Registered Users

My Mood:

Welcome! My little guy is three months old, but we didn't start CDing until a few weeks ago...we grew desperate after his sensitive bottom was causing us to go through 5 diapers per hour. We are using pockets on the suggestion of a friend and love them. The suggestion was for FuzziBunz, but we've now started branching into China-made dipes...we have an order of Alvas and another of Kawaii on their way. If you're not concerned with having diapers made in China, definitely check out Alva Baby. They get good reviews online and are incredibly cheap (and adorable)! Good luck!
Sankoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #7
kbz2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

Old 12-27-2012, 02:02 AM   #8
LacyHolly
Registered Users

Thank you everyone!!! I'm so excited to learn more