Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Pain and no bleeding after D&C.

Is it normal to have no bleeding but a lot of pain after a D&C due to m/c? I had horrible lower back pain before the D&C, likely related to contractions but now I also have pain in my sides and sort in the middle (I guess where my uterus would be). Did anyone else have this? I just can't get over how much of a nightmare the last 6 days have been. I'm an emotional wreck and have a lot pain. Ugh, I really want another little baby but this has freaked me out so much that I think I would have a lot of anxiety if I got pregnant again.

Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
ProudCoastieWife
Registered Users
Formerly: GrimLife
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pain and no bleeding after D&C.

I don't have any advice to give, but did want you to know how sorry I am for your loss and I will add you to my prayers!
ProudCoastieWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:37 PM   #3
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

I had a lot of pain after my D&C for about 8 days. The Dr. told me it was normal. He basically made it sound like it was from the mild scraping and also the uterus shrinking. Each month after for about 7 months I had horrible pains around af time in the uterus that he also claimed was normal. Not sure I agree, but I am now 4 months pg again so apparently no lasting damage was done. However, I have read where some women had horrible pain because not all was removed during D&C so you might want to actually call your Dr. just to be safe.

I understand how you feel about not sure if you ever want to get pg again. It took me along time to try again after my last loss even though I have had many miscarriages. My anxiety with the last loss reached the point where I could not breathe I was so full of anxiety. I tried therapy and several different meds all to no avail. The thing that finally helped me to heal was having acupuncture where they place the needle right between your eyes. It relieved the anxiety and I continued going once pg til after the first trimester. I don't know if that will help you, but thought I would mention it. What you are going through is a horrible time and I will pray for you and your family.
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #4
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

I'm starting to bleed now and the pain seems stronger today. If the pain doesn't stop or lighten up soon then I will call my doctor.

Thanks for the acupuncture suggestion, I've heard a lot of good about that so I may actually give it a try. I hope it will help because I'm kind of a anxious person to begin with and this experience may make things more difficult.