Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #11
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dear Thieves ,

This is a particular frustration of mine. I spent a good 2 hours yesterday just opening toys to get them out of the packaging. I really hate the toys you need a screwdriver to open. I had a good laugh though yesterday too. I opened a starwars toy and out of all the action figures only 1 was lashed down. Chewbacha must get stolen alot because he was the only one of 10 action figures in the box tied up.

Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #12
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwick View Post
The last few years I have actually unpackaged (is that word?) everything before I wrapped it, to avoid cranky kids waiting while Mom stabs herself with a pocket knife in an attempt to undo packaging. Makes Christmas morning much more relaxing, I can sip on a coffee and watch them unwrap and instantly enjoy things! (Until they open a gift from someone else that is...)
This is what I do, but we had family xmas here and others did not and oh boy did I have quite the mess to clean up when there are 8 grandchildren.....
Old 12-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #13
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
It isn't theives as much as make things look pretty and touchable when you buy. We have had exactly what your talking about stolen plenty so not stopping them.

Alisha sent using my Samsung Galaxy II that thinks it is smarter then me.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #14
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is why I love Plan Toys. But, I think it's there to make sure everything looks nice. A thief would just steal the entire thing. It's the same reason so much produce gets thrown away, it doesn't look 'pretty' enough to sell.

Read about our homeschool journey here.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #15
paper_girl_76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwick View Post
The last few years I have actually unpackaged (is that word?) everything before I wrapped it, to avoid cranky kids waiting while Mom stabs herself with a pocket knife in an attempt to undo packaging. Makes Christmas morning much more relaxing, I can sip on a coffee and watch them unwrap and instantly enjoy things! (Until they open a gift from someone else that is...)
i have done this before. Managed to forget to this year though...must have been due to the newborn.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #16
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

One of the many reasons that Santa's gifts are unwrapped, unpackaged, charged/batteries in and ready to play with. It at least tides the girls over while mommy fights the urge to swear at the rest of the gifts as I open them.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #17
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

DH sliced his thumb open badly opening toys. Probably would have needed stitches if my stepmom hadn't had butterfly bandages.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #18
emilyinmichigan
Registered Users
seller

DD loves My Little Pony. I'm completely DONE with the unbelievable amount of packaging just for their hair - teeny tiny pony holders covered in a taped plastic tube with a crazy sewn together double plastic strip taped to the package to keep their manes and tails "perfect" in the box.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #19
craigwick
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyinmichigan View Post
DD loves My Little Pony. I'm completely DONE with the unbelievable amount of packaging just for their hair - teeny tiny pony holders covered in a taped plastic tube with a crazy sewn together double plastic strip taped to the package to keep their manes and tails "perfect" in the box.
Oh, and barbie hair! Yikes, I nearly gave one barbie a nice mohawk it was so hard to get out of the package!
Old 12-29-2012, 05:06 PM   #20
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyinmichigan View Post
Those and Littlest Pet Shop have been the worst!