Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Playmobil set storage

We got our daughter the wonderful animal clinic and she loves it. I am wondering what would be the best way to store all the little pieces. What do those of you who have things like do to keep them together? Storing in the original box won't work as it doesn't fit after being put together. We might have already lost a cast.

Theresa - sahm to sweet, baby(big girl ) Caroline who was born on 1-23-07 after her mommy dreamed of her for a lifetime
pumkinsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Playmobil set storage

We just have a big plastic bin that we dump all the Playmobil stuff in--big enough that we can put the large base pieces in as well. Dd likes to mix-and-match the sets, anyway. She has the school, which is huge, so we keep that assembled on a shelf. But everything else goes in the bin.
NYCVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
Registered Users

I second the large plastic bin. DS has many sets and therefore about 10 million tiny pieces. We keep all of them in storage bins and occasionally Mom goes on a "put together" spree and reassembles them all into their original forms. I imagine I'll be doing that with Legos soon as well.
Emily - Proud Mama to Will (Dec 06) And Lillian Rose (Feb 09)
My Lily was 9.11lbs and delivered by VBAC - I did it!
emilyinmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:25 AM   #4
Registered Users

We have a massive amount of playmobils so we have a dedicated playmobil section of the toyroom closet. I keep the large items (sphinx, western theme waterfall, waterslide, pirate island, etc) on shelves and then sort the smaller things and keep them in small bins: one for accessories/clothing/hats, one for weapons, one for small (teensy) items (like coins, flowers, dishes, food, etc), one for bigger items (wagon, carriage, plants/trees, boats/canoes, etc), and one for people & animals. I don't bother with keeping each set's pieces separate from other sets; I just mix them all together, since the kids like to mix and match while they play anyway. I love playmobils, but I also kinda loathe them. They are always strewn all over the toyroom floor and it takes forever to clean them up! But I guess at least that means the kids like them if they are always playing with them, right?
mommy to one hilarious preschooler boy (09.06)
and one cuddly toddler girl (05.09)!

i'm a bloggin' mama! Your Fire, Your Soul
catilina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:59 AM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

We just have a big plastic bin on a shelf in the playroom. We have a ton of playmobil stuff and the boys mix and match the sets anyway. The little house sits out by itself but everything else just goes into the bin and they pull it all out as they want.
ShannonInk'd, Atheist, Liberal, Part Time Large Equipment Mechanic, HS-ing, Mum to ASD Ninja Kearnan (8-4-01) & Derby Boy Tharen (12-1-05)
Always remembering Arawyn Born Silently (12-21-03)
Crocheted longies/shorties, toys and more see samples Arawyn's Garden Crochet
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote