Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #11
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC While Breastfeeding. New Year, Fresh Start!

Now that the holidays are over I'm going to try to be a little more TTC and a little less NTNP. I got some cheapie OPKs and have no clue when to take them since I don't have a cycle back yet....just whenever I see EWCM?

Advertisement

And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #12
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:
New years resolutions.... Hm.... Not really. Oh, yes. Spend more time in the bible. I need to just keep that thing on my kitchen table cracked open.
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #13
Nickel+3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething
Now that the holidays are over I'm going to try to be a little more TTC and a little less NTNP. I got some cheapie OPKs and have no clue when to take them since I don't have a cycle back yet....just whenever I see EWCM?
I took them everyday until my first o. They all looked exactly the same until I got watery cm and then ovulated a few days later. The first day I noticed something going on with my body the opk was super light (opposed to dark like they'd been every day). Then over 2 days they got darker until bam. Positive.
#4 due in October!
Old 01-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #14
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree with Nickel, just take them to catch O if you have enough OPK's. Or wait until you have some other fertile symptoms.
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #15
Kyonarai
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more View Post
Kyonarai-Welcome! Your a champ for pumping. I think it must have something to do with the pump, but I SUCK at pumping. I had a Medela hand held that I used when the babies are newborns and I have an oversupply and HAVE to pump to get some relief. However, I can ONLY get milk when I'm nursing on the other side, otherwise I NEVER get a let down! I'm TTC with one tube, so it gets frustrating because if I O from the wrong Ovary, there is no tube to catch the egg. But I've gotten pregnant 2x now since my tubal rupture. FX your stay here is short!
I've been pumping from day one, my dd was a preemie and I ended up with an emergency C after my blood pressure kept dropping to almost nothing during labor and I passed out. The nurses gave dd formula right away since she was so tiny, and by the time I was aware enough to try the SnS she was already accustomed to the bottle. I tried for four months to wean her onto the breast, but I never did have any luck with it, and then she refused to nurse all together. So I'm still pumping for at least 30 minutes every 3 hours all day. The longest I go without pumping is usually from about 3am to anywhere between 8 and 11am when I wake up. I swear that unless I am somehow incapacitated(hoping for a VBAC this next time), I am going to gut any nurse that even looks at my baby with a bottle in their hands. I know I've got milk this time around. I was up pumping like a mad woman every two hours after my c section, even while my doctors were freaking out and telling me to lay down because of my crazy high blood pressure. The nurses in the nursery were amazed because they'd never seen anyone pump so much colostrum at a time.
Kyonarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:28 PM   #16
Nickel+3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Kyonarai - you're a super mom! That's so awesome you were so dedicated to pumping.
#4 due in October!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #17
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

that's awesome!
I feel ya on the nurses. So not cool they did that.

I found a company that has such cool herbal stuff. There is a store in San Francisco that carries most of their products. I live in hour away from the city, so I think I'm gonna hit it up this month!
I'm taking my oldest DD shopping for pants tomorrow. She LOVES yoga pants and refuses to wear jeans. She has this own pair of yoga pants that has tears and a bleach spots and she wears them all.the.time!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #18
Kyonarai
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more View Post
that's awesome!

I found a company that has such cool herbal stuff. There is a store in San Francisco that carries most of their products. I live in hour away from the city, so I think I'm gonna hit it up this month!
I'm taking my oldest DD shopping for pants tomorrow. She LOVES yoga pants and refuses to wear jeans. She has this own pair of yoga pants that has tears and a bleach spots and she wears them all.the.time!
I think I was that child that drove her mother crazy by only wanting to wear one pair of pants, one that was ripped, stained, and drawn on in sharpie of course. And then I hit highschool and fell in love with bondage pants(Like the ones goths wear with the chains and zippers and D rings that have a tight waist but are super bellbottomed and baggy). I'm sure that had to of been worse for her, lol.
Kyonarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:22 AM   #19
Nickel+3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more
that's awesome!

I have one pair of pants that have 7 patches in them. I won't give them up. I love them too much!
#4 due in October!
Old 01-02-2013, 06:43 AM   #20
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have to clean my house today and am just not feeling motivated. but I haven't washed floors and all that for a couple weeks now. Sometimes I love having wood floor and then other days I wish I just had carpet everywhere.

As for yoga pants... Who wouldn't want to live in them?? I just had to get a new pair and dh is already wondering if I will ever wear anything else again
menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote