Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #301
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: ****Winter**** Chicken Moma chat thread. Join in the chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
Aw poor George! Why was he over there? Yeah, they'd be (zoolander voice) ridiculously good looking.
I let them borrow him because they got rid of their turkey who was the leader of the pack, neighbor said the girls needed a guy around to know what to do with themselves. LOL. I didn't mind, I am giving them a EE roo and getting him back. I think that is the best decision for all the chickens, girls will be happy having a nice big guy around to keep them safe, and not a bunch of horny lil' dudes pecking at them all the time.

Advertisement

Fodie, mama to DD 9/15/04 DS#1 6/11/07 DS#2 7/7/08 DS#3 5/19/10 Due September 2014!
Nielsen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #302
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

LOL! That's why I'd be a little afraid to let my flock go without a roo. I've got a couple hens that aren't quite all there. And I'm sure mine are sick to death of the horny big dude pestering them all the time. Fred's such a jerk. LOL
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #303
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:

WHY DID I OPEN THIS THREAD!!!! Darn you Liz, now I want to search Ebay and other places for hatching eggs!
Old 02-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #304
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lol! Hey Liz, I think our silkies come from the same place, cj's? I figured cause we have the same pics. Great move on the hatcher, imho.

Hope you do well with the taxes. This is the first year we file with my disability because Ray had the job. I'm TERRIFIED we will owe! We need something back so bad, but I haveno clue. The w2 just cam ein the darn mail today.

I think they will be happy Fodie. He left as a good roo. He's also a great lookin fella. They will be some beauties!

Whew, I have been workin on a major project for 3 days! Tallow! Wen't to a slaughter house and got 2 huge boxes. I finished rendering today and got a 8? gal bucket filled to the rim. Whew!

I'm so exhausted!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #305
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

haha! QWe're a bunch of enablers here!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 02-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #306
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

ha ha, I know right? But who could resist some designer chickens if you have an incubator!!! My silkies came from Hardin poultry but the only pics he had up were tiny and then only 1 good one of a buff so I swiped the other pic. The only variation I' won't have is the porcelain. I have a couple of all the other colors so excited~

Sarah my mom is on disability and she and dad always get a return. How long will the tallow last you?

Well that went soooooo much better than I could have hoped! We will be able to pay off my computer, the last of the medical bills and still put some money behind us so we can stop living payday to payday. Wow, what a relief. I was terrified we'd owe but our tax guy said the deductions were fine because of how many kids we have. Thank god!

Last edited by 3lilbubs; 02-06-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:45 AM   #307
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That make me feel better knowing about your Mom! Thanks Liz.

The tallow should last half a year at least. I only need 1 gallon for a big bucket of washing soap. I may try to make 2 batches this time so I can go longer without makeing more. This is only for use as laundry soap. I have enough hard soap to last years, lol. That's Moma's milk soap if ya catch me?
Old 02-07-2013, 06:40 AM   #308
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The new double breeding coop in progress. The whole one side will be glass.
A brXcochin chick. Spot on head indicates female! FX! And 2 lo's with their peepers, lol.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #309
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

oh my gosh the pen looks awesome! How are you going to get it out to the yard though!

Hon, I feel awful telling you this after you worked SO hard the other night but the blinders are on wrong. They should look like this:

Old 02-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #310
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

!!!!!!
They are working though. If they stop being as usefull, we'll swap them around. Grrrrr!

Ah!

The pen. We have a garage door on the building so Ray can get vehicles in/out to work on and a dry warm place to build. It will slide out long ways with the tractor pulling it and putting it in place. it's very sturdy and nothing will budge. The glass will go in after the setup. It's removeable, front door size, and when we move, it can be removed for the haul over. He's making it to be moveable. Just planning ahead. It's heavy and huge, but can be done. The run will all be detatchable.