Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #181
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August '11 - January Chatter!

Well, Grace came home around noon yesterday complaining of a sore throat. Got her into the ped...strep! We've never had that. She got an antibiotic injection...within hours totally fine. Amazing! I kept her home just to be sure, so now she is driving me nuts with art projects everywhere, and wants to go bike riding. Ugh, yea not if you stay home from school. Oh well, rather have a well energetic kid than a pathetic sick kid.

I love tax time...we always get a decent refund and I can use it to buy big items I have wanted to buy all year. Britt, you will love being debt free. I have not used a credit card since September 2009. Our only debt is our house and cars....which I know isn't perfect, but they have all been refinanced for really low rates with our credit union. It's nice knowing exactly what bills we have to pay each month and not stress out. Our only nemesis is unknown medical bills...wasn't expecting Claire's hospitalization this year or Grace's ER visit last year. Ahhh..kids!

Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #182
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Debt free sounds amazing. We always get a big return as well. We rent or live on base so no mortgage. We do have two car payments and are snowballing those. We have military insurance so inly pay for meds. I don't ever want a car payment again. I realized we have $1000 a month tied up in car payments, and our cc. That was really disturbing and was a big wake up call. We are so tight every month, its absurd.

The thought that I could save enough to take our family of 6 to Hawaii for a vacation in a matter of 5 months.....that is huge. That's why I'm turning over our return to debt.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #183
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

LOL we should all start our own debt free group. It seems like we are all on the same page and making steps to a better life with no debt and focusing on long term goals.

I don't hate tax season I just do not like the unkown, dh thinks we are getting money back, I do not think we are. We will see. If we do get money back we will probably put it toward savings or the car we just got or maybe a shiney new vitamix!--wishful thinking on my part lol!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #184
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Ooooh I want a vitamix!

My blender was a $5 mervyns going out f business item and I bought it 5 years ago! It stinks every time I run it. :/ not to mention its tiny.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #185
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Oohhh yeah I want a vitamix!! I'm hoping like crazy right now that we get some absurd bad weather for weeks do dh can work and make enough money so we can replace our roof and fix the porch. It's so bad. We also need to fix the floor in the sunroom and the door bc every time it rains water leaks in. So many little thing to do still as well. But we are learning to plan and save up to pay cash instead of using cc's.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #186
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Our refund (if we get one) will go towards debt too. Or get donated. I love, love, love my vitamix. We've had it for like 13 years? Still works like it's brand new. It sure gets a workout during summer with all the smoothies we make. Yum!
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:39 PM   #187
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

So dh comes home today with his w-2!! So I did taxes, and can now breathe a big sigh of relief that we do not owe, and actually are getting money back! Now I don't have to stress for the yr about paying taxes, insurance (pay that biyrly) and put some away for a rainy day. We still need to start our envelope system.. Eating ice cream to celebrate! lol
Old 01-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #188
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm rather nervous about taxes this year too. We usually get a big return, but this year I think Luke has towards $10,000 to claim of his own jobs, not to mention his regular job and another $10,000 job he did. Eek. We are giving out 1 1099 but the other we decided not to because when his insurance does an audit it might really raise his rate. Other than the standardized deductions I'm hoping we have plenty of receipts to bring that income total down. At least buying the truck this summer helped because I think that's $6000 right there. I've been putting it off but I should get on figuring everything out soon... If we get a nice refund Luke wants to put on a porch/ entryway, I want to replace our carpeting with hardwood, buy a bunch of dressers and storage, and maybe put $5000 down on a vehicle if there's enough left. I've been putting off vehicle shopping because I don't want to fit another payment in right now...
Old 01-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #189
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Crystal- we really need to sock some of our return away for a new vehicle for dh soon. I'm hoping we can get 2 more yrs out of it though.

Question for all you cloth mama's-- I recently added pockets to my rotation, and I normally try to change E every 2 hrs but he keeps leaking out! I don't think it's a repelling issue as much as it is an absorbency issue. I currently am using only one mf insert or 2 hemp inserts. The pockets are Alvas/sunbaby/kawaii (I think) I don't have any infant pf's either. Any suggestions?
Old 01-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #190
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

how cow alison, i didn't realize you were that far along! craziness

still waiting for a few tax forms to come in. then off to a tax lady in town. I know I 'could' do it myself, but 1. I can't handle the stress of accidentally doing something wrong, 2. Wayne can't handle the stress of accidentally doing something wrong.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote