Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #11
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Your name: Vicki
Starting Weight: 222
Current Weight: 210
Short-Term Goal: 198 by Feb.
Long-Term Goal: 150
Weight Lost to Date: 12 lbs
Weight Loss Plan
Calorie counting with MFP. Daily excersize. And better choices... No grains, they kill me!

Mamas, what are your strategies for making better choices? Yesterday at lunch I had two bowls of leftovers instead of one, I was hungry. At 3 I ate two bags of chips and a bowl of cereal. Snack size chips but still. I was stressed. Today I couldn't resist the children's oatmeal because it smelled so good.. and I already had 2 eggs. And coffee .. I must have two cups, with splenda but the milk does me in! I like at least 1/4 cup in each cup of coffee... Ug I'm hopeless.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum

Advertisement

thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #12
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdtimemomma
Starting Weight: 222
Current Weight: 210
Short-Term Goal: 198 by Feb.
Long-Term Goal: 150
Weight Lost to Date: 12 lbs
Weight Loss Plan
Calorie counting with MFP. Daily excersize. And better choices... No grains, they kill me!

Mamas, what are your strategies for making better choices? Yesterday at lunch I had two bowls of leftovers instead of one, I was hungry. At 3 I ate two bags of chips and a bowl of cereal. Snack size chips but still. I was stressed. Today I couldn't resist the children's oatmeal because it smelled so good.. and I already had 2 eggs. And coffee .. I must have two cups, with splenda but the milk does me in! I like at least 1/4 cup in each cup of coffee... Ug I'm hopeless.

I am probably going to give you bad advice so know that upfront,

I usually yell at myself in my head. I say pretty mean things like I don't need the food. I had a friend mention before how it must be easy to over eat with kids because you finish their servings. I have stopped doing that and make myself throw it out even though it kills me. I was raised to finish the plate.

I also always forgive myself. Everyday I start fresh, even when I eat a bag of goldfish at night the next morning I just get right back on. I notice I can have some pretty bad cheats and still lose as long as I track everything else and keep starting. I only gain when I totally give up and keep cheating.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #13
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm good on not finishing my kids plates... They are gross eaters. Lol. But I'm bad at not eating what I cooked for them. Like today, they are eating chicken tireless rice and I'm eating chicken salad and oranges... It's the creamy home cooking. Lol. And its cheaper to feed the 7 of them home cooking than it is to feed everyone what I eat, kwim? I just try to eat salad is green beans to fill me up.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #14
supermansmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Your name: Sarah
Starting Weight: 256
Current Weight: 256
Short-Term Goal: 240 by VD
Long-Term Goal: around 150
Weight Lost to Date: 0
Weight Loss Plan: calorie counting, body bugg.

Hello, ladies!
I need to join you. I was going to a few months back, but fell of the wagon. During the summer I did great working out and eating healthy. Now I'm back exactly where I was in July. I started fresh yesterday, and I'm looking forward to feeling healthy again.
Sarah

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #15
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Big Mama's January support thread

Vicki, a lot of it is to just not have the food in the house. I do much better at leaving items at the store than I do not eating them when they are in my house. I can talk myself out of buying a soda or a candy bar, for instance, but once it's at home, I have an extremely hard time talking myself out of eating it. If you aren't yet, eat breakfast. Eat actual meals at set times. Drink plenty of water. Lots of times we eat more when we should be drinking more. Also, it is very rare I serve something to my kids that is different than what I'm eating.

Now, AFM, I weighed myself this morning and I'm up to 228-229, which doesn't really surprise me. I'm not worried about it, either, as I know some of it is retained water and the fact that my bowels are trying to get back into normal working order after eating so much junk this past couple of weeks. I skipped soda yesterday, and today (I am drinking some sweet tea, though). I got on the elliptical this morning, too. However, due to some unforeseen circumstances, I ate Chick-fil-A for lunch.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #16
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

MMMM Chick fil a. Ok sorry. Side track moment. Anyway, I just found some motivation for getting myself active again. My students just brought me a paper for our club. They have booked us a day on Jan. 31 to go cross country skiing. I went last year, it was a DISASTER! We have to hike 34 min. up a trail. Then the skiing itself is brutal. I burned over 1200 calories on this day last year. I could barely move the next day. If I don't do something between now and then, it's going to kill me.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #17
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdtimemomma View Post

Are you getting enough Protein and drinking enough water. I find that when those two things are lacking I eat a lot more junk. And based on what you are saying you're "binging" on, that to me would be a red flag that I need to hit my protein goal for the day and I need to hydrate.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #18
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Oh, and Vicki, make sure you get enough sleep. Looks like you crave carbs, which are quick energy. As Laurel said, make sure you get plenty of protein for lasting energy and make sure you sleep enough so your body isn't craving food to replace the energy you should've gotten through rest.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #19
soon2b4ofmyown
Registered Users
seller

Your name: Michelle
Starting Weight: 250
Current Weight: 250
Short-Term Goal (ie. "X" by valentines/March): Lose 25 pounds by Valentines
Long-Term Goal: Lose between 80-100 pounds
Weight Lost to Date: 0
Weight Loss Plan: Try to eat healthier and less fast food and less processed foods.

I have struggled with weight all my life. I am a yo-yo dieter. My smallest has been 125 and my heaviest 280. I really need to make life changes, but things always seem to get in the way. I am currently in nursing school and know that I will not be setting a good example for my patients by being overweight. I want to be healthy and stay that way.
soon2b4ofmyown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #20
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Now that makes sense! With new years, a baby, a toddler whose afraid of the dark and my 4yo had a uti..I didn't sleep much in theast two days.

What's considered enough protien?
Today I did better.. I didn't binge till this evening when I got home, I had cocoa and a fiber one brownie, and pudding... Lol. But tonght was a meatless meal for dinner, beans and greans and pears... So that might be why.