Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #21
becca jean
Registered Users

Re: Big Mama's January support thread

Your name: Rebecca
Starting Weight: 215
Current Weight: 200
Short-Term Goal (ie. "X" by valentines/March): Don't have one
Long-Term Goal: 130
Weight Lost to Date: 15 altho I had gotten down to 196 before I fell off the wagon
Weight Loss Plan: I NEED HELP!!!!

I have a horrible sweet tooth. I can eat sugar all day, every day. I moved in to a new house in October and now I'm by myself again. I need to get off my arse and start going to the gym and make use of it. I do good for a while and then I fall off the wagon. My issue is my self esteem, getting bored, not knowing what type of workouts to do, and not really having anyone to go with me. I get bored and get tired of going by myself all the time but I can't find anyone to consistently go with me to keep me company. I seriously need a swift kick in the butt, lol. I did go from a tight 22 to a 18 in pants and from a 22/24 in shirts to a 14/16 or 18/20 in shirts. Right now my new smaller clothes are getting tight on me and I DO NOT want to have to buy bigger clothes. I would like to keep buying smaller clothes. Ugh, HELP ME!!!!!

Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #22
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca jean View Post
Your name: Rebecca
Starting Weight: 215
Current Weight: 200
Short-Term Goal (ie. "X" by valentines/March): Don't have one
Long-Term Goal: 130
Weight Lost to Date: 15 altho I had gotten down to 196 before I fell off the wagon
Weight Loss Plan: I NEED HELP!!!!

I have a horrible sweet tooth. I can eat sugar all day, every day. I moved in to a new house in October and now I'm by myself again. I need to get off my arse and start going to the gym and make use of it. I do good for a while and then I fall off the wagon. My issue is my self esteem, getting bored, not knowing what type of workouts to do, and not really having anyone to go with me. I get bored and get tired of going by myself all the time but I can't find anyone to consistently go with me to keep me company. I seriously need a swift kick in the butt, lol. I did go from a tight 22 to a 18 in pants and from a 22/24 in shirts to a 14/16 or 18/20 in shirts. Right now my new smaller clothes are getting tight on me and I DO NOT want to have to buy bigger clothes. I would like to keep buying smaller clothes. Ugh, HELP ME!!!!!
The biggest thing that finally got me going was joining My fitness pal, and logging every bite I ate. I did that for 9 months straight and never missed a day. That was the nine months I lost 30lbs. I haven't lost ANYTHING permenently since I quit logging regularly. It's my goal to get back at it.

Ok, mini goal for today: Drink the full 8 glasses of water!!! I have got to drink more. Yesterday I only drank 20oz of diet root beer. That does not count . So I'm walking up to fill my bottle now and I need to fill it three more times today. I can do this. And in other news, I'm down half a lb today, so maybe the lb I gained was water weight from eating ham? IDK, but I feel like if I can get drinking and start working out, I have a shot at getting the scale moving again.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #23
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Down to 208.6 this am! Yay!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #24
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Vicki, there isnt a magic number for amount of protein, unfortunately. My body prefers lots of protein, but a family friend cannot do high protein. You will have to find your body's prference.

Well, I had meant to have a smoothie this morning, but I am eating a couple pancakes, instead. And I still need to get on the elliptical.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #25
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Keeping on track over here except for eating a bunch of animal crackers last night. Today had been good too. Making a chicken for dinner with baked potato and broccoli
Old 01-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #26
supermansmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Did great at work last night. Lots of walking, I got in 9008 steps yesterday. Still want to get to 10,000/day. I didn't eat when I got home at midnight. For dinner tonight I'm making this

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/s...hroom.html?m=1

Yum yum.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #27
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

I have no idea what we're doing for dinner. Something with ground beef because I forgot to get something out last night. Hamburgers sounds pretty good, so I am thinking we'll do that. We'll probably pair it with some roasted carrots and potatoes.

Oh, and maybe an apple pie for dessert. Well, for the rest of the family. I'm not big on apple pie, for some odd reason.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #28
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermansmomma View Post
Did great at work last night. Lots of walking, I got in 9008 steps yesterday. Still want to get to 10,000/day. I didn't eat when I got home at midnight. For dinner tonight I'm making this

Yum yum.

I actually have a batch of that in the freezer and was thinking about making it for dinner. I do a lot of freezer cooking and on my last big day I made a double batch of that (which is four meals for my little family) and froze three of them. It's really good.

AFM, today is not going well. Doing alright on the water. Not great but alright. But the CANDY. I was doing an activity today and was giving out candy prizes, and I can't stop eating them. It's really not good. I need to go low/no carb for a couple of weeks to break the habit. I know it would help. It's what I usually have to do when I get to this point. I just don't want to
Old 01-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #29
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermansmomma View Post

Yum yum.

I actually have a batch of that in the freezer and was thinking about making it for dinner. I do a lot of freezer cooking and on my last big day I made a double batch of that (which is four meals for my little family) and froze three of them. It's really good.

AFM, today is not going well. Doing alright on the water. Not great but alright. But the CANDY. I was doing an activity today and was giving out candy prizes, and I can't stop eating them. It's really not good. I need to go low/no carb for a couple of weeks to break the habit. I know it would help. It's what I usually have to do when I get to this point. I just don't want to
Old 01-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #30
supermansmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72

I usually half the recipe, but tonight I'm making the whole thing, do you freeze before they cook or after?
Candy in evil I told DH that he better take it work so it's not around the house. I didn't buy Christmas candy this year because I knew I wanted to eat healthy starting the first. My mom gave the kids a bunch in their stockings