Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #11
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalynn1997
OK, I know that I am a little nuts but I am itching for a placement:-) I just keep thinking that a 2-5 year old girl would fit in nicely around her. It has been 6 mths since I got the call for NB. A little nervous about going active since we are pretty sure we will get a call for boys new sibling this Spring. Just feel like I have the space and time and could be helping another child right now not just waiting.
I think this is how you know you we're meant to be a foster mom. I love your heart.

Advertisement

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #12
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMercy View Post

I think this is how you know you we're meant to be a foster mom. I love your heart.
This is what I was thinking exactly. also, a little nuts.

Also from the dec thread...we didn't even have anything set up for our inspection. When she walked through the basement she saw the 2 toddler beds, 2 p&ps, cosleeper and crib and said "you guys are full of beds" and that was it. When she did our initial interview i asked what we should set up and she said as long as she saw them it is fine. Also asked about drop sides and it hasn't made its way to our regs so she said thats fine too. Our nbs sleep in an arms reach cosleeper, that was oked by licensing worker and the sw on dfd2 case came shortly after placement to see get and she was asleep in it and was ok with it as well.

Last edited by newmommy13; 01-02-2013 at 07:29 PM.
newmommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:29 AM   #13
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: January 2013 Chat Thread

I'm itching for another placement as well. Since the twins went home 3 weeks ago we had 2 really good placement calls but for various reasons our cribs are still empty. Can't wait for another call. Dalynn, you have a couple fb at home already, right? Your amazing!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #14
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dalynn, that is EXACTLY how it is here. You can't be too eager either way. I've never thought about it, but for babies especially, I do think they would see the hesitancy to only adopt a child with the right fit as a negative. We have been very clear in our intentions, but at the same time, supported RU and family placements nicely with our first four placements.

Nothing concrete new to report here. Still just waiting to see what's going to happen.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #15
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

I feel like here it doesnt matter what you want, the calls roll in regardless. They just need the beds kwim? Thats the placement agency though, not the sw. We wanted long term preadoptive girl infant now here we are with a boy that when we got him (the second time lol a little confusing) he was straight ru. They never told me that when I accepted the placement through the agency and the sw never mentioned it either until i specifically asked. But she never told me about court dates either. I just didn't know the right questions to ask I guess.

Last edited by newmommy13; 01-03-2013 at 09:26 AM.
newmommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #16
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have been licensed for a month, no calls. Our old agency told us that the need in our county was huge, but nada. I'm getting antsy - but also happy for all of the little ones out there that the need is not so huge that they were knocking down our door as soon as we got licensed.
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #17
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

dalynn1997- You are such a sweet mama to have such an open heart to these LO's that need so much love.

Well we have had our license for two weeks and I got the second call today. This time it is long term. I am a little freaked as we said we were not going to do this and here we go. The call is for a 4 year old boy. There is a court hearing is tomorrow so we will find out after the ruling if he will be coming or not.

My guess is from what I know he will be coming to us with few belongings and we do not have anything for his size. I have not fully understood how this works but what am I supposed to do when I buy things for him. Do I have to keep receipts? How do you decide what to get? (I am really bad at this with my DS and always buy too much)
Old 01-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #18
Msheidiann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So we have our court hearing tomorrow (that we can't be at...we get to sit OUTSIDE the courtroom since it's a closed hearing). They are going to resolve the ICWA matter (HOPEFULLY) and they have filed a petition to terminate rights on unknown dad (AGAIN!). They are also hoping to argue a shorter appeal period...prayers tomorrow morning would be super appreciated! We need this kid adopted already!!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #19
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbreb View Post
dalynn1997- You are such a sweet mama to have such an open heart to these LO's that need so much love.

Well we have had our license for two weeks and I got the second call today. This time it is long term. I am a little freaked as we said we were not going to do this and here we go. The call is for a 4 year old boy. There is a court hearing is tomorrow so we will find out after the ruling if he will be coming or not.

My guess is from what I know he will be coming to us with few belongings and we do not have anything for his size. I have not fully understood how this works but what am I supposed to do when I buy things for him. Do I have to keep receipts? How do you decide what to get? (I am really bad at this with my DS and always buy too much)
Good luck! My guess its that eveyone does it a little differently. Just be upfront with the worker and explain that you need to know the protocols.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msheidiann View Post
So we have our court hearing tomorrow (that we can't be at...we get to sit OUTSIDE the courtroom since it's a closed hearing). They are going to resolve the ICWA matter (HOPEFULLY) and they have filed a petition to terminate rights on unknown dad (AGAIN!). They are also hoping to argue a shorter appeal period...prayers tomorrow morning would be super appreciated! We need this kid adopted already!!
Prayers for you! Please keep us updated!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #20
dalynn1997
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Heidi - praying for your family. Hoping things finalize quickly! It was so hard waiting with our Caleb's adoption. So much easier the second time around.
Christian Wife to DH married 16 years. Forever mommy to my adopted son #9 C (3 yrs) Currently fostering #20 A our bonus buddy full sibling to my adopted son (16 mths). We have fostered 20 children so far, some with medical special needs. Still hoping for a forever girl.
dalynn1997 is offline   Reply With Quote