Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #41
MarieSeeking
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC

Am I the only one who hadnt lost weight with paleo? I have such a hard time loosing weight, no matter what I do (super low cal, no carb, low fat, weight watchers, paleo...ive tried it all!). Ive had my thyroid checked and its normal. I dont eat mass quantities, either.

Im only 4lbs from my pre baby weight, but my pre baby weight was 206lbs, lol! I was a comfortable size 14 then, and if my body hadnt changed shape I would be comfortable where im at....but right now im sitting at a tight 16, loose 18. I would love to loose 10lbs, but ive lost only 1lb since going paleo!

I was toying with the idea of doing a 10 day juice fast, and got a juicer for xmas. Turns out I dont like fresh juice though, lol. Its too thick and foamy!
I'm not looking to lose weight but I know many people that didn't really lose much, just enough to *feel* healthy.

Do you exercise? If you do start, don't looks at the scale. Take pictures instead and compare that way.

Advertisement

MarieSeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #42
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Paleo Chat Jan, Feb & March 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieSeeking View Post
I'm not looking to lose weight but I know many people that didn't really lose much, just enough to *feel* healthy.

Do you exercise? If you do start, don't looks at the scale. Take pictures instead and compare that way.
I def feel better, but dont look any different. My clothes fit the same and I havent lost any inches.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #43
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

BNC- Have you read The Primal Blueprint? There is a lot of information about paleo type exercising. We ate very low-carb primal for 10ish months. I lost 25lb, but stopped at 209 for 4-5 months and then I got pregnant...

My DH lost 70+ lb in the same amount of time I lost 25 LOL.

Last edited by AmberP; 01-14-2013 at 05:56 PM.
AmberP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #44
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
BNC- Have you read The Primal Blueprint? There is a lot of information about paleo type exercising. We ate very low-carb primal for 10ish months. I lost 25lb, but stopped at 209 for 4-5 months and then I got pregnant...

I actually just returnedit to the library, lol! I only had a chance to skim it though so I should get it again apparently, lol

Old 01-14-2013, 07:04 PM   #45
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC View Post
I actually just returnedit to the library, lol! I only had a chance to skim it though so I should get it again apparently, lol
Just about EVERYTHING in his book is available on Mark's Daily Apple. If you sign up for his email list, you can get his free ebook about exercise. It has videos and everything for basic bodyweight exercises from beginner to expert.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:13 PM   #46
Sakari
Registered Users

Quote:
I am just checking in =) Not doing so great, but we have bananas and sunbutter in the house, so I am going to try that banana bread.

As for books, I borrowed some from the library. Practical Paleo was okay, but there weren't a lot of things that we like to eat in it. I liked Eat Like a Dinosaur and Everyday Paleo.
oh I've heard of those as well. I should check our library. I always assume they don't have things of my wacky interests!

Quote:
Am I the only one who hadnt lost weight with paleo? I have such a hard time loosing weight, no matter what I do (super low cal, no carb, low fat, weight watchers, paleo...ive tried it all!). Ive had my thyroid checked and its normal. I dont eat mass quantities, either.

Im only 4lbs from my pre baby weight, but my pre baby weight was 206lbs, lol! I was a comfortable size 14 then, and if my body hadnt changed shape I would be comfortable where im at....but right now im sitting at a tight 16, loose 18. I would love to loose 10lbs, but ive lost only 1lb since going paleo!

I was toying with the idea of doing a 10 day juice fast, and got a juicer for xmas. Turns out I dont like fresh juice though, lol. Its too thick and foamy!
When did you "go paleo?"

I've had pretty good luck, but I've also started exercising more than I used to so I'm sure that's helping. (I might have more weight loss if I would go strictly paleo, but I haven't yet.) During Oct I did some paleo, a 10 day fast, and exercising - and I lost weight. During nov I staying with mostly paleo food, and rarely exercised, and lost no weight. (only gained 2-4 pounds back after the fast, which I thought was pretty good)

Dec I tried to do all paleo, but it was the holidays, yada yada yada - pretty much stayed the same...I've officially lost .8 pounds since Dec 17th as of yesterday. But hey! It's a loss!

That said, since Oct 4th, I have lost about 15 pounds! So I think I'll keep doin what I'm doin. It's not fast, but it seems to work for me.

As for the juice, do you have a good blender? I actually prefer to blend my fruits and veggies, then strain them thru a tshirt - no pulp and no froth!

Quote:

UGH. Men! Not fair at all! I'll have to check out that book. Thanks!

Quote:
Just about EVERYTHING in his book is available on Mark's Daily Apple. If you sign up for his email list, you can get his free ebook about exercise. It has videos and everything for basic bodyweight exercises from beginner to expert.
oh, or the site. I have been to Mark's Daily Apple, but never signed up. I should!

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #47
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakari View Post
oh I've heard of those as well. I should check our library. I always assume they don't have things of my wacky interests!

When did you "go paleo?"

I've had pretty good luck, but I've also started exercising more than I used to so I'm sure that's helping. (I might have more weight loss if I would go strictly paleo, but I haven't yet.) During Oct I did some paleo, a 10 day fast, and exercising - and I lost weight. During nov I staying with mostly paleo food, and rarely exercised, and lost no weight. (only gained 2-4 pounds back after the fast, which I thought was pretty good)

Dec I tried to do all paleo, but it was the holidays, yada yada yada - pretty much stayed the same...I've officially lost .8 pounds since Dec 17th as of yesterday. But hey! It's a loss!

That said, since Oct 4th, I have lost about 15 pounds! So I think I'll keep doin what I'm doin. It's not fast, but it seems to work for me.

As for the juice, do you have a good blender? I actually prefer to blend my fruits and veggies, then strain them thru a tshirt - no pulp and no froth!

UGH. Men! Not fair at all! I'll have to check out that book. Thanks!

oh, or the site. I have been to Mark's Daily Apple, but never signed up. I should!
I went paleo sept 2011, so its been nearly 18 months.....and 1lb down! WOOT! Lol.

I will have to try blending them. I love the idea of juicing, but the results are gross, imo.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #48
Sakari
Registered Users

Quote:
I went paleo sept 2011, so its been nearly 18 months.....and 1lb down! WOOT! Lol.
Oh WOW! That's so frustrating! :/ Do you notice any other benefits to eating this way?

Old 01-15-2013, 08:24 AM   #49
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakari View Post
Oh WOW! That's so frustrating! :/ Do you notice any other benefits to eating this way?
Yes! I feel a ton better, my skin is better, my dandruf went away, and I have a ton more energy. Its worth it for those alone, but a little weight loss would be nice too, lol!

Old 01-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #50
Sakari
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes! I feel a ton better, my skin is better, my dandruf went away, and I have a ton more energy. Its worth it for those alone, but a little weight loss would be nice too, lol!
oh good!!

and now I went back up above my .8 loss. So apparently I'm just staying the same at the moment.

It's nice to hear your other successes though! Thanks for sharing!