Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
ahblessedmama
Registered Users
seller

Does my perfect diaper exist: AIO or AI2 with no MF, and stay-dry inner?

I really am enjoying my Best Bottom AI2s, I've never used those before. I am also liking my BGEs and Osocozy AIOs. My husband is appreciating the simpler stash as well instead of the fitteds/prefolds and covers! I really like natural fibers, I also like stay-dry, but I do NOT like microfiber. Are there any AIOs, or AI2s that have a stay-dry inner but no microfiber anywhere in the diaper or inserts? I thought freetimes looked good but they have microfiber inserts, and BG AIOs have microfiber inside. Right now I'm using hemp inserts/shells or BGEs and putting a fleece liner on them, but I'd love to not have that extra step of putting the liner on. I also don't like side snaps, and prefer aplix, although snaps are fine on the front. Thanks!

Advertisement

ahblessedmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
RNmom926
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The swaddlebees simplex one size is all birdseye cotton that has the option to have a staydry liner or you can tuck it in. If you go to their website they have a quick. Video that will show you how it works.
RNmom926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does my perfect diaper exist: AIO or AI2 with no MF, and stay-dry inner?

GroVia has cotton inserts. The Best Bottoms also have a cotton option. Also softbums have a cotton option -- there inserts are the tongue style that needs to be folded in (not sure if that extra step is appealing for you).

None are stay dry though that is a tougher challenge.

Why do you like stay dry? Your child still have synthetic material next to their skin with natural fibers hidden away...

We used natural during the day and stay dry with microfiber at night.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 01-02-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #4
MadeofStarStuff
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love Nana's Bottoms. She is on vacation until Jan. 7th, but is very economical and ships quickly. They are my favorite aios. You can choose hemp, cotton or bamboo soakers and any inner (I love the stay-dry suedecloth).
Old 01-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #5
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Rainshine designs makes aio/ai2s that fit the bill
Old 01-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #6
ahblessedmama
Registered Users
seller

Pixi6s, you are right, I don't really like synthetic fibers in the stay-dry, but to keep cloth diapering, my kids bums have to be super dry. They get rashes so easily (as do I from all kinds of things) so I have found that if they aren't loaded with arrowroot powder (which I use at each change) or have a stay-dry liner they are rashy. My son right now is on formula unfortunately(after trying to nurse for 3 weeks unsuccessfully) and anytime he poos (and sometimes with pee) it leaves wounds so I have to be really careful about covering him and changing him quickly. He has done that with two kinds of formula, he's on the allergy one now so I can't really change it. The fleece liners seem to help keep a healthier bottom.

Thanks for the new diaper ideas! I wasn't thinking anything would work, they all sound expensive too though
ahblessedmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #7
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

Nanas Bottoms are very reasonably priced. Make sure to check the discount code section before purchasing.

I, too, prefer stay dry with natural fibers. I want babies to feel dry, but I can't stand microfiber.

Swaddlebees makes Capri inserts that are cotton, but have one side topped in fleece for a stay dry option. You can lay them in any shell/cover or use the Swaddlebees Capri cover.
mothergooseofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #8
tmonty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Itti bittis are bamboo with stay dry and the insets snap in....
tmonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #9
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblessedmama View Post
Pixi6s, you are right, I don't really like synthetic fibers in the stay-dry, but to keep cloth diapering, my kids bums have to be super dry. They get rashes so easily (as do I from all kinds of things) so I have found that if they aren't loaded with arrowroot powder (which I use at each change) or have a stay-dry liner they are rashy. My son right now is on formula unfortunately(after trying to nurse for 3 weeks unsuccessfully) and anytime he poos (and sometimes with pee) it leaves wounds so I have to be really careful about covering him and changing him quickly. He has done that with two kinds of formula, he's on the allergy one now so I can't really change it. The fleece liners seem to help keep a healthier bottom.

Thanks for the new diaper ideas! I wasn't thinking anything would work, they all sound expensive too though
thats Thirties duo aI2 is stay dry/mircofiber/hemp. I haven't used this product (but I do like other thirties products), maybe since the mf is sandwiched between the stay dry and hemp you won't notice it? they generally aren't too expensive for ai2 style diapers.

http://www.thirstiesbaby.com/product...rs/duo-diaper/
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Old 01-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #10
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
thats Thirties duo aI2 is stay dry/mircofiber/hemp. I haven't used this product (but I do like other thirties products), maybe since the mf is sandwiched between the stay dry and hemp you won't notice it? they generally aren't too expensive for ai2 style diapers.

http://www.thirstiesbaby.com/product...rs/duo-diaper/
Oh wait its a pocket and the mf is out in the open. nm. What about going to pockets with the stay dry upper and stuff it with prefolds or something natural?... that sounds like what you need.... I understand though if pockets aren't your fav, they aren't mine either, but it does fit your general criteria of stay dry with natural and easy for dad.

Last edited by Pixi6s; 01-02-2013 at 12:40 PM.