Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #11
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blessed with Children, Struggling for More week of December 31st

Woohoo! 14 is awesome! Will you freeze any extra embies?

Advertisement

amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #12
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes, I'll do the day 5 transfer, probably 2 embies if possible, then freeze the rest. I've talked with the clinic...success rates & insurance coverage means it may make sense to do a couple of fresh cycles before doing FETs. DP & I talked, though, & we'd be happy to donate any frozen embryos after we're "done".

ETA--love your new avi!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #13
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hope4More, I shopped at Whole Foods a lot at first because they will replace or refund if you hate something. I think it is worth the extra money to me. I like Quinoa pasta the best, the brown rice pasta gets very mushy if it is soup or if you overcook it at all. I like glutino breads for sandwiches, Udi's for muffins or Bagles, hmm..... Be ready to experiment. Oh, and if the rest of the house is not going GF keep in mind that flour stays in the air up to 24hrs so you don't want to be the one baking with it and you don't want to prep your food there either. You either want to have seperat butter, peanut butter, jam etc or you want to be sure no one ever double dips in it.

I say it is all or nothing because it is amazing how terrible I feel when I get the tiniest bit of gluten now. Gluten hides everywhere and at the same time there are tons of everyday foods that are already gluten free. Good luck, it is hard at first, but it does get easier as you learn what you can and cant have.

AFM, AF should come tomorrow, should I test or wait it out a few days?
Old 01-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #14
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Transfer is scheduled for 9:15 Tuesday...they injected 11 of the eggs; so far 6 have fertilized & they're still watching 4 for possible late fertilization. Science at work is exciting
Old 01-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #15
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quick Update:

Had 5 days of spotting from 12/30 to 1/3 which large amounts of EWCM. The spotting stopped but the cm has continued, and started lessening yesterday. Still some amounts today. I've marked it as a new cycle on FF but I really have no clue what's going on.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #16
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38
Transfer is scheduled for 9:15 Tuesday...they injected 11 of the eggs; so far 6 have fertilized & they're still watching 4 for possible late fertilization. Science at work is exciting
This is amazing and makes me know that those who argue about this type of medicine on religious beliefs are wrong. You injected sperm into 11 eggs, and yet just six have known fertilization? God chooses the life he calls into existence, calls each soul by name before He makes them, we do not create it. If we created it at will, you would have 11 fertilized eggs. Anyone who sees how IVF works would know this. God is with us in this journey, and He created life here!

Sorry, but I just got into this argument with family over the holidays . If you want me to delete this post, I will. I just know I'm not the only one who's had to argue this in their church (or keep their thoughts hidden about their plans because they work and teach at a Catholic school and could get fired immediately for 'immoral conduct'. Yup, its actually in my contract ). Ok, rant over.

What I think I MEANT to say was: OMG- I'm getting so excited for the possibilities!!!

Soryr fro typos. Setn by iPhone.
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...

Last edited by Hope4More; 01-04-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #17
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
That is awesome.

AFM, No BFP, no AF, and I just found out that the OB-GYN I have used for the past 10 years doesn't take my ins. anymore! It has not been my day!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #18
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
This is amazing and makes me know that those who argue about this type of medicine on religious beliefs are wrong. You injected sperm into 11 eggs, and yet just six have known fertilization? God chooses the life he calls into existence, calls each soul by name before He makes them, we do not create it. If we created it at will, you would have 11 fertilized eggs. Anyone who sees how IVF works would know this. God is with us in this journey, and He created life here!

Sorry, but I just got into this argument with family over the holidays . If you want me to delete this post, I will. I just know I'm not the only one who's had to argue this in their church (or keep their thoughts hidden about their plans because they work and teach at a Catholic school and could get fired immediately for 'immoral conduct'. Yup, its actually in my contract ). Ok, rant over.

What I think I MEANT to say was: OMG- I'm getting so excited for the possibilities!!!

Soryr fro typos. Setn by iPhone.
post away. Other than not broadcasting to coworkers & clients but not hiding the details of my repro treatment, you can quote and post away! I can only imagine how dissonant it can be to integrate fertility treatment into a faith structure, make sense of it, only to have your support system try to tear that down. How frustrating!

There are no secrets here, though...if DP & I get pg, obviously we had some help somewhere along the line

Of course, when we DP got pg during our foster care homestudy process, I told the caseworker, who is also a coworker, & her response was, "Please just tell me this was planned!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeshkasheeba View Post
That is awesome.

AFM, No BFP, no AF, and I just found out that the OB-GYN I have used for the past 10 years doesn't take my ins. anymore! It has not been my day!
That sucks about the insurance...I love the ob practice we're with & I would be crushed to have to find another.

Thanks for the well wishes ladies! I have to pick up more meds, as they all start today & continue through 2ww.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #19
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38

post away. Other than not broadcasting to coworkers & clients but not hiding the details of my repro treatment, you can quote and post away! I can only imagine how dissonant it can be to integrate fertility treatment into a faith structure, make sense of it, only to have your support system try to tear that down. How frustrating!

There are no secrets here, though...if DP & I get pg, obviously we had some help somewhere along the line

Of course, when we DP got pg during our foster care homestudy process, I told the caseworker, who is also a coworker, & her response was, "Please just tell me this was planned!"

That sucks about the insurance...I love the ob practice we're with & I would be crushed to have to find another.

Thanks for the well wishes ladies! I have to pick up more meds, as they all start today & continue through 2ww.
DH had to ask me what I was laughing at. You mean it wasn't an oops?
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #20
JCPACandMommy
Registered Users
seller

Mel - I can't believe that is actually in your contract! WOW!! I would be the same way as you!
Carrie - so excited for you! WooHoo!!!! Good luck and stick baby beans stick!!!

AFM: I had my CD 2 US so will await results from that and then get started with meds Im sure!! FX for a fast Rainbow baby!
Carissa~ Married to my Bestfriend and Soulmate Scott and Mommy to Aiden (04/10/08) TTC #2 after the loss of Blighted Ovum and Ectopic on Rt Ovary(10/25/12) and Blighted Ovum (07/28/13)
planning to and #2
Expecting our RAINBOW July 16, 2014!

My Ovulation Chart
JCPACandMommy is offline   Reply With Quote