Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2013, 07:30 AM   #11
redicccc
Registered Users

Re: Can I start EC with a newborn?

Hi thanks i'll like to try this first..

Advertisement

redicccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:30 AM   #12
redicccc
Registered Users

it will work proparlyyyy
redicccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #13
MtnHarmony
Registered Users

My Mood:

I planned on waiting too, but started in the hospital because the mec. is a PITA to clean off their bottoms. I could tell when he had to go sometimes, and other times I could hear it and quickly opened the diaper and let him finish over it, or over the potty, so he was cleaner.

I can't say how I held him but I wanna say a koala hold is the term that comes to mind. I think I used 1 hand on each thigh, and used my finger to aim as best as I could,, with his back against my chest, all snug in my breast, he wasn't going anywhere. But I can't say for sure if that was the exact way or not. I just kinda, did what felt natural, lol and didn't give any of it much thought, except what would the nurses say if they walked in on us in the potty or with him hanging over a diaper. It never happened, and I never told folks I did it until he was older. Don't worry about what others think - just don't tell them.

I may have set him on my arm, with his boy parts sticking down and my other arm wrapped around his chest, but like I said, i honestly can't remember as it has been too long. But doing it from birth worked great for us. In fact, it became mandatory as he would scream too long or bite while nursing otherwise. We really didn't do much EC in the beginning until I connected the biting (made me have a huge hole and he was less than a month old!) with potty needs, then we did it more FT. Apparently he got squirmy and needed to pee during most feedings while little... and once he pottied he wanted to finish nursing. Every child, is different. I have babysat and started EC'ing later and moms reported it helped their child PT faster and we only did it very very PT. So if you need more rest, in the beginning don't stress about doing EC FT. Do what you can and enjoy your baby - don't beat yourself up for not being perfect, leaving your child in a wet diaper, etc.
MtnHarmony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #14
JensDesigns
Registered Users

I'm due in 2 months and wondering what type of clothes to invest in if I want to start EC-ing right away. Any suggestions?
JensDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote