Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Last friday we went in for an induction(39wks). After dd2 getting stuck(due to her size) and the breathing problems she had needless to say we were a bit nervous. We got the pit rolling at 9:30 and I was dialeted to a 2. By 3pm I was only a 3 *sigh* It was discouraging since dd1 took less then 4hrs and dd2 less then 7. The doc decided to break my water at 3:30 and I opted for the epi about an hr later. At 5:30 I was only a 4. Doc checked me again at 6:45 and I was good to go! She needed to get ready so had the nurses make me push to move him down. With one contraction they told me to 'stop!' and had one go grab the doc. With 2more contractions he was out!

He cried(wonderful sound!) right away and was laid on my chest for almost an hr before they took him! We cuddled and he ate. I didnt get that with dd1 and definitly not with dd2 so it was an amazing change He weighed 9lb 6oz-exactly a lb more then dd1 and a lb less then dd2-and was 21"long.

They sent us home Sunday afternoon and then things really started going down hill... by monday afternoon he was down 11.5% of his birth weight, jaundice was getting worse and he had had only one poopy diaper in 12hrs and no wet diapers in almost 24. Ped said to offer formula after bfing then sent us back to the hospital to figure out exactly what the cause of his heart murmur was As much as I wanted to bf we decided to go with formula and we ended up with a different kid! He slept last night, he didnt scream every hour-or for hrs on end, and started giving wet and dirty diapers again! We went back today and he had gained 4oz! and while his jaundice levels rose again it was just a bit. Tomorrow we go back to get the results of his echo-but a lil birdie told us 'it's going to be just fine'.

So things are looking up and the girls love having their little brother around to hold and love on

Advertisement

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).

Last edited by my2sweets; 12-18-2012 at 04:02 PM.
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:48 PM   #2
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: My little man is here!

Congratulations!
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:11 AM   #3
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Congrats! I hope he continues to improve!

FWIW, I starved my first son (inadequate number and make up of milk glands come to find out) for the first week and he lost way too much, became lethargic, etc. As soon as we started him on formula, he became alive and alert and so easy (no more hunger cries though by the end of the 5th day he had ceased those). Anyway, thank goodness for formula!!!
And I hope his heart murmur disappears (my 2nd son had one at birth and it went away by 1 month old). I'll hope the same for you little guy!
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Congrats! Hope he is doing well and you too.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Congratulations!!
Old 12-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Thanks everyone

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
Old 12-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #7
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies View Post
Congrats! I hope he continues to improve!

FWIW, I starved my first son (inadequate number and make up of milk glands come to find out) for the first week and he lost way too much, became lethargic, etc. As soon as we started him on formula, he became alive and alert and so easy (no more hunger cries though by the end of the 5th day he had ceased those). Anyway, thank goodness for formula!!!
And I hope his heart murmur disappears (my 2nd son had one at birth and it went away by 1 month old). I'll hope the same for you little guy!
Thank you

Old 12-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #8
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations!
Old 02-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #9
cjdj3
Registered Users