Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #121
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,852
My Mood:
Re: Another old skool challenge?

Today I folded a flat into a neat fold on top of the baby while she laid on the changing table. I have gotten pretty good at this flat folding stuff over the years.

So she is wearing a neat fold underneath a dappi pull on cover with leggings over it. So trim!

Advertisement

__________________
First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out-- Because I was not a Socialist. Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out-- Because I was not a Trade Unionist.Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out-- Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me - Martin Niemöller
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:16 AM   #122
mommadeeof4+'s Avatar
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 6,519
My Mood:
Re: Another old skool challenge?

1st & 2nd diapers of the day are imagine bamboo flats in lovelace flip cover!
__________________
Deirdre~ Wife to Joe & Momma to Emily (May 2007), Lilly (November 2008), Joseph (July 2010), Maggie (July 2012) & Daisy (July 2014)!
mommadeeof4+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:17 AM   #123
mommadeeof4+'s Avatar
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 6,519
My Mood:
Re: Another old skool challenge?

can you give me a quick tutorial on the neat fold please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
Today I folded a flat into a neat fold on top of the baby while she laid on the changing table. I have gotten pretty good at this flat folding stuff over the years.

So she is wearing a neat fold underneath a dappi pull on cover with leggings over it. So trim!
__________________
Deirdre~ Wife to Joe & Momma to Emily (May 2007), Lilly (November 2008), Joseph (July 2010), Maggie (July 2012) & Daisy (July 2014)!
mommadeeof4+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #124
laineypaige's Avatar
laineypaige
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 380
My Mood:
Re: Another old skool challenge?

Yesterday I used an airplane fold with a pad folded hemp flat when we went out and it held up great, when we got home we did a kite fold then for nap we did a kite fold over an origami fold.
__________________
Mama to Caleb (6/23/09) and Ethan (12/20/10)
laineypaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #125
supermomof2
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,047
My Mood:
Re: Another old skool challenge?

Put him in an origami-folded large DR flat in a bb coverall this morning and about to change him into an airplane-folded imagine bamboo flat under a capri for his nap.

ETA: Oh, and I typically use a snappi for the flats. Tried the boingos but for some reason just can't get the nice tight fit I get with the snappi (with the flats, anyway).
__________________
keeper of the castle , wife to my handsome mechanic , mommy to many

Last edited by supermomof2; 01-10-2013 at 08:28 AM.
supermomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #126
laineypaige's Avatar
laineypaige
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 380
My Mood:
Re: Another old skool challenge?

Now he's in his first diaper of the day, an airplane folded flour sack towel under a flip cover. I'm contemplating trying flats at night as well, is that crazy? My 2 year old and my 3.5 year old both wear something at night. What would you try? I have flour sack towels, hemp flats and organic cotton flats (that I don't use often cause they're kind of rough feeling), I also have some preemie prefolds I use as doublers. Any ideas?
__________________
Mama to Caleb (6/23/09) and Ethan (12/20/10)
laineypaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #127
MommaMal's Avatar
MommaMal
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 802
My Mood:
Woke up with no leaks and changed into a neat fold ozocozy with a flour sack towel doubler snappid into a flip cover


Attachment 129756



Attachment 129757
__________________

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."-Janis Joplin

Last edited by MommaMal; 01-30-2013 at 11:39 AM.
MommaMal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #128
supermomof2
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,047
My Mood:
Re: Another old skool challenge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laineypaige View Post
I'm contemplating trying flats at night as well, is that crazy? My 2 year old and my 3.5 year old both wear something at night. What would you try? I have flour sack towels, hemp flats and organic cotton flats (that I don't use often cause they're kind of rough feeling), I also have some preemie prefolds I use as doublers. Any ideas?
Not crazy at all, lol. That's what I've been doing the last few days and it's been working fantastically. He's not a heavy wetter, but still I've been loving the simplicity of it all. I've been using an imagine bamboo flat with an all-cotton flat padfolded inside.

If it were me, I think I'd probably try a hemp flat with a preemie prefold as a doubler. That way you have both the cotton and the hemp working on your side to absorb the wet, KWIM? Of course, it also depends how heavy they wet at night, too...
__________________
keeper of the castle , wife to my handsome mechanic , mommy to many
supermomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #129
laineypaige's Avatar
laineypaige
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 380
My Mood:
Re: Another old skool challenge?

Changed him into a kite folded flour sack towel, which I am loving, by the way Still under a flip cover. I think I'll try the hemp flat with the preemie prefold for my two year old tonight and see how it goes. He's been going on the potty when I put him on it before bed so he's not such a heavy wetter at night anymore, but I don't know if that'd be enough for my 3 year old. I may try the same combo but with 2 hemp flats, if it's not too bulky, and see how it goes

Can anyone tell me the trick to getting a good fit around the legs with the kite fold? I feel like it's too low on his legs and therefore hard to cover with my flip covers. Any tips?
__________________
Mama to Caleb (6/23/09) and Ethan (12/20/10)
laineypaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #130
hilaryisinked's Avatar
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 26,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by laineypaige
Changed him into a kite folded flour sack towel, which I am loving, by the way Still under a flip cover. I think I'll try the hemp flat with the preemie prefold for my two year old tonight and see how it goes. He's been going on the potty when I put him on it before bed so he's not such a heavy wetter at night anymore, but I don't know if that'd be enough for my 3 year old. I may try the same combo but with 2 hemp flats, if it's not too bulky, and see how it goes

Can anyone tell me the trick to getting a good fit around the legs with the kite fold? I feel like it's too low on his legs and therefore hard to cover with my flip covers. Any tips?
I jelly roll the legs on the kite fold.

I'm going to try out a new fold for nap time. Hmm now which one...

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
__________________
Hilary, head over heels wifey of a Coastie
Mama of Aubrey & Delaney
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.