Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #11
hcokasil
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am really glad the holidays are over and we're getting back to normal schedule! Today was my first real day back to normal, since it was my husband's first day back to work...over the weekend one of my good friends had an emergency c-section AT 24 WEEKS! Both baby and mama are doing well right now, but that little guy has got a looong road ahead of him. We saw him yesterday, he was SO TINY! And so strange to think the baby in my belly is bigger than he is. He also looked very prefect! It helped put this uncomfortable pregnancy into perspective. I'd much rather my baby be where she is and me uncomfortable than have her in his place! Although, they sure can do incredible things in the NICU...

sorry, i'm really bad at autocorrect and I don't like proof reading!

Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #12
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - January chat

So the holidays were hectic family gatherings always are~ but we had fun! So glad it's over. My birthday is next Saturday 19th and DH wants to go out to a nice dinner. I am thinking King Crab legs!

We see our MW on the 14th I will be 29 weeks. She gave us the option whether we want to start seeing her every 2,3 or 4 weeks. DH wants to do 2 weeks and I think it will help prepare me.

I need to make a decision on who I want at the birth to help us with DS. My initial plan was my stepmom because she is good with him but she is anti-homebirth (a nurse medically minded) and always on the go. I worry that she will get bored and want to take DS to her house or the store ect... which is a no-no. Once you enter this threshold you are here till the baby is born. My other option is my sister who was always my first choice but we had a huge falling out 3 years ago when I was pg with DS. We are FINALLY in a better place and we talk all the time. If things progress this way for a while then I will invite both b/c she can keep my SM under wraps. This way DH can concentrate on me.

I did get my birthplan mostly written but it needs some tweeks but I plan on posting it soon.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #13
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

i have my first growth scan today at 1! i'm so excited to see little lady and see how big she has gotten in the past 8ish weeks!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #14
mommy2fourmunchkins
Registered Users
seller

I have a small person doing headstands in me :-) I know we all do, but I feel his head waaay down and little feet up in my ribs <3
*~*Amanda- US Navy wife to David, mommy to Kaiden (2/1/05), Kyndal (7/18/07), Identical Twins Rowan and Ryder (8/20/09), surrogate mother to Maddie (3/8/2011) and our newest rainbow, Everett (1/23/13)
mommy2fourmunchkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #15
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2fourmunchkins View Post
I have a small person doing headstands in me :-) I know we all do, but I feel his head waaay down and little feet up in my ribs <3
ME too! Her little feet are usually on the right side of my belly under my ribs.

I had a midwife appt. yesterday, we discussed my birthplan and went over the list of items we need for the homebirth. I still have a nice sized list to buy but I am a little over half way there! Baby girl measured 5 days ahead in fundal height

My shower is on Sat. all the way down in LA, it usually takes us 8 hours+ to get there so please keep us in your thoughts as we drive down. Luckily my mom is coming with us and my sister is putting us up for a night on Fri. to cut our drive in half. I hope it will be as fun as I think it will be, it's my first baby shower!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #16
oregonmom
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2fourmunchkins View Post
Mine was doing this really bad on Sunday. It was very uncomfortable to try to sit or to walk. I could stand, or lie down.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #17
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Christmas was great but man I could not wait to take down the decor and get my house cleaned up and back in order!!

Had our 32 week opt last Friday-our first of every two week opt. Baby is measuring right on. Every thing looks good.

All registered at the hospital-I declined there hour long tour....all I need to know is where to park and where the mat ward is...that's it, that's all people!.

We have everything we need and then some. I'm so ready to have this baby-I just want to hold her already but I have to say this pregnancy has gone but super fast which is nice...the next few weeks are going to fly!

I feel pretty good, starting to get more uncomfortable during sleep and my stomach these days is constantly upset-heartburn and so on...

Got baby crib set up in our room and looking ready to go-now just waiting for baby!

In regards to birth control-condoms until DH goes for the snip which will be a few months after baby is born. I know we are done but I'm so sad when I think about REALLY being done-the snip is so final but I can't see DH wanting a 4 and honestly we could not afford it-I'm hoping when baby comes i will feel complete and ready to take that step.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #18
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hello Mamas! I can relate a lot! Glad the holidays are over, I can get my house cleaned, get back on a normal schedule, and really start preparing for this baby :-). We had our
3D scan today at 32w2d. Baby girl wasnt cooperating at first (had her face turned backwards AND hiding behind her hands AND feet), but after a few pokes and prods, I got her to turn. I posted in the u/s scan thread. Its incredible that she looks EXACTLY like DS. I mean, even down to the facial expressions....just in girl form. I told DH "Well, its obvious now that we only make one version of kid...the only thing that differs is gender." lol. Also, it was so cute that she was literally covering her girly parts with her hands when we went to take a peek-haha-so modest :-)

Quote:
I hope it will be as fun as I think it will be, it's my first baby shower!
Thats awesome this is your first shower! I cant believe we are all in these final stages now :-)!!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #19
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good luck with your baby shower it should be super fun!

Unfortunately the flu has hit our house. DH was first, then DS, and now Mama. I feel horrible and already called in 3 days this week - 2 for DS and 1 for me. I really don't know how I will get there tomorrow but I have a dr. appointment and if I don't go I still get charged b/c it less than 48hrs notice. Super sucks!

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #20
earthmama7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just about gave myself a heart attack last night. I was on the computer for over an hour before bed last night and when I got into bed I realized that baby boy hadn't moved that whole time (Usually he is really active at that time.) So I laid down on my side thinking he would start moving now that I am laying. Well he didn't. So I started pushing my belly and jiggling him. I tried for what felt like 15 minutes, but maybe it was 5? And nothing. My heart started racing and FINALLY he started moving. Then he moved all night and kept waking me up. I guess he just changed his schedule or something. I feel stupid now for freaking out, but *sigh* at least he is obviously fine!