Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #21
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - January chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama7 View Post
I just about gave myself a heart attack last night. I was on the computer for over an hour before bed last night and when I got into bed I realized that baby boy hadn't moved that whole time (Usually he is really active at that time.) So I laid down on my side thinking he would start moving now that I am laying. Well he didn't. So I started pushing my belly and jiggling him. I tried for what felt like 15 minutes, but maybe it was 5? And nothing. My heart started racing and FINALLY he started moving. Then he moved all night and kept waking me up. I guess he just changed his schedule or something. I feel stupid now for freaking out, but *sigh* at least he is obviously fine!
I am SO glad I am not the only one who does that! If I do not feel her move for an hour or two I freak out and try to get her to do something. My midwife was making fun of me she said I only need to fee a couple good kicks once a day and she is allowed to have "quiet" days. Well not in MY womb sweetie

Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #22
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post

I am SO glad I am not the only one who does that! If I do not feel her move for an hour or two I freak out and try to get her to do something. My midwife was making fun of me she said I only need to fee a couple good kicks once a day and she is allowed to have "quiet" days. Well not in MY womb sweetie
I don't freak until half the day has gone by. By if I start to worry I have a glass of OJ or ice water and lie down. That usually gets them going!

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #23
samham
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama7 View Post
I just about gave myself a heart attack last night. I was on the computer for over an hour before bed last night and when I got into bed I realized that baby boy hadn't moved that whole time (Usually he is really active at that time.) So I laid down on my side thinking he would start moving now that I am laying. Well he didn't. So I started pushing my belly and jiggling him. I tried for what felt like 15 minutes, but maybe it was 5? And nothing. My heart started racing and FINALLY he started moving. Then he moved all night and kept waking me up. I guess he just changed his schedule or something. I feel stupid now for freaking out, but *sigh* at least he is obviously fine!
Had a midwife appointment yesterday and one of the girls in class had decreased movement. They sent her for monitoring and they gave her peanut butter. They said it's better than orange juice. I freak out easy too so next time I will try this for sure.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #24
earthmama7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good to know on the PB and OJ!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #25
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wish I had known about peanut butter during my 3D scan! Little lady wouldnt wake up for ANYTHING lol!

I had my 32 week midwife appt yesterday and it went great! Im measuring about a week ahead (which is normal for me). My midwife seems to think Im delivering at 39 weeks this time around (compared to 41 weeks last time) but I will believe it when I see it :-). We also talked about my birth plan, and she even referred me to some great resources for med safety during breastfeeding. I have medical issues and have been worried about taking meds during breastfeeding. For a while, I worried that Id have to either be under-treated or stop breastfeeding (both crappy choices if you ask me), but her resources helped to reassure me A LOT! Its good to know that I can have my cake and eat it too- nursing and being healthy!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #26
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman View Post
29 weeks over here. Lots of icky little annoying sickies over here. Really bad sinus infection last week, now lots of nausea, tummy troubles, and fatigue. Too many little complaints. Makes me feel whiny.

Hubby is just now starting to be open about talking about our birth options, but I'm still expecting RCS. I think I can push it until the 27th (a little over 40 weeks), but I'm considering pushing for a later date. Just uncomfortable evicting the little guy since my other two wanted to bake so long. And it will likely be my first c/s without laboring for quite a while first. I just don't know what to expect.

Trying to figure out bc for after the baby. What are you ladies doing?
Hope all are feeling better! Do docs typically not let one schedule a CS whenever they feel like past 39w? As for bc, we just do NFP. Eventually DH will get the snip snip, but unsure when since our insurance doesn't cover any sterilization procedures or bc (I work for a Catholic hospital) so we'll have to pay for it out of pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajewels View Post

I had my 30 week appointment with the midwife today which included the 1hr Glucose Screening and my RhoGam injection. Everything looks great with Emersyn and I.
Glad your appt went well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by va703 View Post
Measuring ahead (like always) and I feel like a whale...can't bend over well or get out of a chair gracefully.
I'm not sure if I'm measuring ahead or not, but I'm not very graceful either. I literally have to roll out of bed. Good thing we have a high bed! Getting up from a chair is rather uncomfortable, too. And let's not talk about tying shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcokasil View Post
...over the weekend one of my good friends had an emergency c-section AT 24 WEEKS!
Yikes! Hope mom & baby continue to do well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2fourmunchkins View Post
I have a small person doing headstands in me :-) I know we all do, but I feel his head waaay down and little feet up in my ribs <3
My little lady has her head crammed down into my left hipbone. The u/s tech told me today that there's plenty of room up high, but she chooses to stay squished down there. No wonder my hip has hurt for the last 2 days and I walk funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
My shower is on Sat. all the way down in LA, it usually takes us 8 hours+ to get there so please keep us in your thoughts as we drive down. Luckily my mom is coming with us and my sister is putting us up for a night on Fri. to cut our drive in half. I hope it will be as fun as I think it will be, it's my first baby shower!
Safe travels and have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve Baby View Post
Got baby crib set up in our room and looking ready to go-now just waiting for baby!
Can't wait to get that part done! The ILs are bringing the crib when they come up to our place on Sunday to celebrate DS' belated bday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NappyChappy View Post
Unfortunately the flu has hit our house. DH was first, then DS, and now Mama. I feel horrible and already called in 3 days this week - 2 for DS and 1 for me. I really don't know how I will get there tomorrow but I have a dr. appointment and if I don't go I still get charged b/c it less than 48hrs notice. Super sucks!
Yuck! Feel better ASAP! I'm praying daily that no one here gets the flu that's going around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samham View Post
They sent her for monitoring and they gave her peanut butter. They said it's better than orange juice.
Good to know!

AFM: The little miss looked good on the u/s and doppler scan this morning. Had my first NST which showed 1 contrax and 1 decel. They weren't too concerned about that. We'll have a growth u/s next week to see how she's growing, along with another NST. Hopefully I'll see the MFM doc next wek as well so she can update us on the plan for the next (last!) few weeks.
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #27
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213

Hope all are feeling better! Do docs typically not let one schedule a CS whenever they feel like past 39w? As for bc, we just do NFP. Eventually DH will get the snip snip, but unsure when since our insurance doesn't cover any sterilization procedures or bc (I work for a Catholic hospital) so we'll have to pay for it out of pocket.
I *think* docs around here typically want you scheduled for before 40 weeks. And the docs I have seen have certain days of the week they schedule surgeries. The nurse said my doc was comfortable going up to 41weeks for a RCS (he was fine going to 42 weeks with my TOLAC, but vbacs are banned at the hospital he moved to). He did mention at one appt that there is no reason to go past 40weeks with a RCS, which was the only reason I anticipated having to push a bit for a later date. I am sure we will discuss it at this month's appt. I have seen the NP for the past few months, so it hasn't come up.

Glad there were no big concerns for your NST!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #28
mommy2fourmunchkins
Registered Users
seller

Panic is setting in! I'm just a couple days shy of 31 weeks! Maddie came at 31.6 after water broke at 31.3, twins were 32.3, kyndal 32, Kaiden 35.6 after mag, bedrest and being dialated to a 5 at 32 weeks! I could literally be having this baby next week o.O
*~*Amanda- US Navy wife to David, mommy to Kaiden (2/1/05), Kyndal (7/18/07), Identical Twins Rowan and Ryder (8/20/09), surrogate mother to Maddie (3/8/2011) and our newest rainbow, Everett (1/23/13)
mommy2fourmunchkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #29
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2fourmunchkins View Post
Panic is setting in! I'm just a couple days shy of 31 weeks! Maddie came at 31.6 after water broke at 31.3, twins were 32.3, kyndal 32, Kaiden 35.6 after mag, bedrest and being dialated to a 5 at 32 weeks! I could literally be having this baby next week o.O
Keeping you in my thoughts and hoping baby bakes a little bit longer!
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #30
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2fourmunchkins
Hope the LO stays put! Any need for bed rest so far?