Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #11
munchkin6508
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Appointments?

I have my first appointment on Valentines day. =D I'll be 7w6d

Advertisement

Old 01-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #12
alisha_roseleip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My first is the 7th, but I am guessing that I am almost a week and a half behind their 12 week mark and will get to see baby that day too
It is not out of meanness or rudeness but it is not yours unless you ask for paypal address or you ask me to hold it for you because we are working on a deal. Asking for more pics does not mean we are in the middle of a deal
alisha_roseleip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #13
palmos89
Registered Users

Hello All, I am brand new at this and am trying to do my research but I find it all so confusing. I am 6 weeks along but dont know what I should do, What type of appointments should I be booking? I tried speaking with my family doctor but she is never in.
Please help.
Kristin
palmos89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #14
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmos89 View Post
Hello All, I am brand new at this and am trying to do my research but I find it all so confusing. I am 6 weeks along but dont know what I should do, What type of appointments should I be booking? I tried speaking with my family doctor but she is never in.
Please help.
Kristin
Hi! Congrats on the new baby. My gynocologist likes to see me between 8-12 weeks. Most people see a gynocologist that delivers babies or a midwife. It sort of depends on your prefrance and what's available in your area. Do you have a gynocologist? What area are you in? Maybe someone on here is from your area and can recommend a doctor or a midwife. You can post here or in the sub-forum for your area. Good luck!

I happened to have a my yearly pap scheduled for 2/4 and DH already took off so I'm just going to call my doctors office and tell them I'm pregnant. It will be a bit earlier than they like to see pregos, but oh well.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #15
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmos89 View Post
Please help.
Kristin
Some family doctors do deliver babies. My doctor is a Family Practice doctor but her area truely is delivering babies. You will need to make a decision on what type of birth and where you want to have your baby and pick a doctor accordingly. Do you want to have the baby at a hospital or at home or a birthing center (if that is available in your area)? This will help you decide if you need a doctor (OBGYN) or a midwife.

Last edited by sweetgrace; 01-21-2013 at 05:01 PM.
sweetgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #16
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have an my first appointment on Wednesday the 23rd. I'm not really sure why they wanted to see me so soon unless it is to watch my thyroid. I 'think' I will be around 5 weeks.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #17
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

My first appointment is Monday, January 28th. I will be 6w2d. I have never been seen this early before, but I am in a new area so I guess they do things differently. I have no idea what the appointment entails since I have never been to the practice before (hospital based CNM group). I am kind of hoping for a u/s so I can see everything looks good in there, but I know 6w is kind of early. We'll see!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #18
jj7202
Registered Users
seller

I have my "OB orientation" on base tomorrow. Nothing specific to me & baby, just them explaining how they do things... And me getting pissed off because they go against everything I believe birth should be... Trying not to get stressed out.
jj7202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #19
cormama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first appt with the OB nurse is on Feb 13th at 7 weeks. I can't remember what they do, but I'm sure it's not too much. I have my next on the 27th with my OB. Wondering if they'll do an early u/s since I've had a m/c before?
Old 01-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #20
jj7202
Registered Users
seller

My first appt is set for Feb 13th (11weeks)... I am just going to say it now... I miss my old OB!! I begged to be seen earlier with my history of miscarriage (two in the last year) and my tendency towards being high risk (hypertension, pre term labor and cholistasis of pregnancy resulting in early induction) I just need to make sure this baby is growing (2 pervious Blighted Ovums) and hear/see a heartbeat. Then I can rest. Ugh. Phone consult in to the nurse who may be able to fit me in somewhere earlier.. Ugh. My OB in Germany was so understanding and did everything they could to ease my mind. I hate starting over end rant.
jj7202 is offline   Reply With Quote