Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #11
JCPACandMommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Blessed with Children, Struggling for More week of January 7th

Amy I totally know what you mean about the age gap! My DS will be starting Kindy this fall as well and I don't want so many years between them! I really wanted only 4 between them but at this rate it is going to be at least 5 if not 6 years now...

Advertisement

Carissa~ Married to my Bestfriend and Soulmate Scott and Mommy to Aiden (04/10/08) TTC #2 after the loss of Blighted Ovum and Ectopic on Rt Ovary(10/25/12) and Blighted Ovum (07/28/13)
planning to and #2
Expecting our RAINBOW July 16, 2014!

My Ovulation Chart
JCPACandMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #12
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Carissa, I never noticed, but your ds is 4 days older than my younger dd, how funny!
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #13
JCPACandMommy
Registered Users
seller

WOW!! They could date!
Carissa~ Married to my Bestfriend and Soulmate Scott and Mommy to Aiden (04/10/08) TTC #2 after the loss of Blighted Ovum and Ectopic on Rt Ovary(10/25/12) and Blighted Ovum (07/28/13)
planning to and #2
Expecting our RAINBOW July 16, 2014!

My Ovulation Chart
JCPACandMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #14
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Screen Name (Real Name): meeshkasheeba (Tina)
Current Children and age: DS1 6 DS2 3
Lost Children and Dates: 8 Wk Miscarriage Jan, '07
Diagnosis: stage IV endometriosis, adenomyosis, and PCOS
Treatment and meds: multiple surgeries, Lupron (COMPLETE!), metformin, gluten free diet, and a slew of vitamins
Next Apt: April if no BFP to discuss IVF
Cycles Trying: 29 (counting my 6mo of Lupron TX)

Updated info.

Amy, I would call your RE. They should be willing to call something in. Mine has me on Lexapro daily and although I would say it doesn't help, every time I quit taking it I have much poorer self control with the anger part of things so it must help a little, just not as much as I would like.

AFM, AF came on day 31. Later than I would have liked, but at least it isn't crazy long. Maybe next month will be better. My best friend is pregnant and it is painful to do anything with her. I love her to pieces, but I can't stand to look at her. It came so easily to her. We are looking at at least 4 and 7 years between another LO and their siblings and I hate it. I wish I could be guaranteed two so they would play well together. I have been miserable today and vomiting because of the pain. I have such a hard time believing that the Lupron did much if anything to help me if I feel so badly. I just want to scream. I, like many of you, feel so alone in this. I am so tired of crying. I get so excited thinking that I may be pregnant this time and then I'm not and it is sickening.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #15
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Got a super dark OPK yesterday Got a positive today as well. Jer went on the road on Sunday, but we DTD on Saturday, so maybe, just maybe we'll catch something this month. I'm doubtful, but I guess there's a shot
Old 01-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #16
hokoonchi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey all -- I see a few of you with endometriosis. Hugs. It is the pits.

More hugs to those who have been trying and have experienced losses. Anxiety about being around other folks' kids is understandable, particularly if they are the same age yours would have been. It is hard that it is so easy for some people to get pregnant.

AF for me came yesterday, which means today is my bad day. Since surgery for endo, it has been not as bad, but I still cannot sleep right now. Nothing really helps the pain for an extended period of time. I also have nerve damage from shingles (twice in 2012, wth). I am convinced that my health issues are interrelated. Not sure what kind of doctor to see about that!

Tina, did you find that the gluten free diet helped you at all? So sorry you went through all of that. Mine was stage II, just starting to grow over the ovaries. I didn't have to do the Lupron. My doc put me on hormonal BC (for six months, to heal) instead. I hope you didn't have too many side effects!

Moving soon. Will be looking for an OB who specializes in fertility and hopefully weird nerve pain disorders (I also have vulvodynia). THE pits.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:59 AM   #17
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Camilla, Going GF has helped several things. I have lots less gut issues, which I was originally blaming on endo on my bowels. I have less joint pain, I have less dry skin (dandruff is still there though) It has helped the pain, not perfectly, but better. I think it is worth it in the long run but it is hard not to cheat, and when you do you generally have issues for several days, not just one.

I have had major endo for 10 years. I have been staged III or IV with every surgery I have had and I now only have one ovary and fallopian tube due to damage from endo. It SUCKS! I didn't have as many side effects as I thought I would have this time around. I had just about every side effect the first time around, but this time we did monthly injections instead of the 3 month injections and I believe that helped tremendously. We will see if it helped over all though. This was my first mo trying since being off the shots and I never marked O for sure so I don't really think I did O. We'll see if next month goes better.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #18
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Updated to here. Amy I am emailing you right now. Thanks!
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #19
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just sent it Amy- I'm thinking it will reformat once you cut and paste it onto a thread. I hope it does!

My daughter will be almost 7 when we have the babies. I am so worried about this- very much worried about her. I am also 38 and my husband is 39- he is worried we will feel too old to keep up. Things just don't happen as planned I guess. I really believe that all things happen for a reason and that in the end we will all be happy. Most people I talk to say longer gaps between kids is ideal. I had one woman tell me that she thinks 7 years is perfect and that my daughter will love helping. I still worry though because all it has ever been is just the 3 of us. I really can not imagine us in a year. I feel very blessed though- blessed by a higher power, blessed by science, and blessed by determination to keep going. I also feel blessed by the process and all of the ups and downs that were in between.
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #20
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4leon View Post
Just sent it Amy- I'm thinking it will reformat once you cut and paste it onto a thread. I hope it does!

My daughter will be almost 7 when we have the babies. I am so worried about this- very much worried about her. I am also 38 and my husband is 39- he is worried we will feel too old to keep up. Things just don't happen as planned I guess. I really believe that all things happen for a reason and that in the end we will all be happy. Most people I talk to say longer gaps between kids is ideal. I had one woman tell me that she thinks 7 years is perfect and that my daughter will love helping. I still worry though because all it has ever been is just the 3 of us. I really can not imagine us in a year. I feel very blessed though- blessed by a higher power, blessed by science, and blessed by determination to keep going. I also feel blessed by the process and all of the ups and downs that were in between.
I understand the concern...I feel like I'm ALWAYS tired now; but I also felt like that before I had kids, too

Really, though, you & your DH will rise to the occasion...one of the donorsib families had their first when they were, IDK, 39 & 41, then had their twins at 41 & 43 or or something like that (I forget their b'days exactly, but they're several years older than DP & me. They're keeping up just fine...and there can be something to be said with the knowledge, wisdom, maturity, and professional/financial security that can happen when you have kids later

AFM--transfer went perfectly...it was funny to be able to come home after & hand DP a "picture of your babies" b/c they gave me a b&w pic of the 2 embryos they transferred. A friend who had gone through IVF had described her experience w/ the transfer as "really spiritual", so I had expected it to be really significant. Not so much...unless you mean being left alone in a room with nothing to do for a half hour after 4 people got really up close & personal w/ your crotch as "spiritual" . I mean, it was what it was. I find it really interesting from a scientific standpoint & also from an "it happened to me" standpoint, but it was all very clinical. I enjoyed the acupuncture, my trip to the LYS, & my afternoon loafing about on the couch, though! Otherwise, I feel tired (DP's down w/ a stomach bug & DD has been waking 1x/night) but good Oh, and the itching seems to be starting to go away

So...is this like w/ IUI? Do I get to start POAS after my trigger should be out?