Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #11
blackberry75
Registered Users

Re: Anyone have a lazy baby?

She isn't really babbling sounds much, and she isn't eating baby food very well, it all still is mostly getting pushed out by her tongue. My son wasn't much of a talker at that age, he could sign a few things and was much happier with communicating that way. The food thing is a little concerning, though not much. Weeman couldn't do purees until he was 7m. Every kid is different.

I wouldn't stress to much. Go the appointment with an open mind. Worst case is your daughter will get the intervention she needs. Best case they find nothing to be concerned about and put your mind at ease. To me, that's a win/win situation.

Advertisement

blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #12
ummsmiley
Registered Users
seller

She is still in the normal range and I would be NOT be concerned at all given what you've said. Children have different personalities and it can reflect in different areas if there were a whole set of milestones she wasn't meeting than I may be concerned but even then the range of normal is so wide that intervention is not always warranted. Just work with her if you feel the need. Maybe getting on your tummy with her and putting things in front of her that interests her and staying down there with her playing with it can help. Read to her daily,even if she seems uninterested...shes listening!

Sent from my iPad using DS Forumq
ummsmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #13
3girlsallnaughty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My dd4 didn't walk...sit...crawl...or roll over until 11.5m. Then one day she just took off. She was definitely very lazy. Dd7 was only 2 so she didn't do much for her..she was just lazy and didn't care much. She never really ate either until about 14m lol..just spit everything out.

It's a Boy!! Due April 30th!!

Last edited by 3girlsallnaughty; 01-12-2013 at 08:50 PM.
3girlsallnaughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #14
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

My DD didn't crawl til 11 months. She was walking 1.5 months later.
She also didn't really roll, ever. She rolled over once or twice when she was 5 months, and then didn't do it again.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #15
Rewind_Selector
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sounds like my youngest son. I myself was getting worried around 8 months when he didn't roll, sit up, etc and refused all solid food. Think now it was because he was just so dang FAT! It only took another month and a half and he was walking. Still didn't eat food untill nearly a year no matter what or how I tried. Now at 6 he is the smartest most active child I have ever known. He still doesn't eat a whole lot though.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #16
lilac0226
Registered Users

Thanks everyone and glad to know she isn't the only baby not getting in to everything at her age. Now at almost 9 months she is eating baby food and babbling more, but still no crawling. For now I'm just going to enjoy having a baby that is content to sit and play with toys and see how she is closer to 1. I told early intervention I wanted to give it more time.
lilac0226 is offline   Reply With Quote