Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #11
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: Would this concern you?

If it continued long enough, yes I would.

Advertisement

Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #12
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yes..I'd take her in. It could be an infection like a UTI or something that is just bad enough to keep her down, but she hasn't actually been able to tell you what's wrong.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #13
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMommy View Post
Did she just go back to school after a long time off? Maybe she needs to build back up stamina for school. Is she getting enough protein and veggies? is there any new activity that shes involved in? It sounds more like she's run down. Do you live in a cloudy winter place? May be low vit D levels.

Id say if it lasts for a full week without change, I'd ask for a check up.
No new activities, but she DID just go back to school on Monday. Since this started Saturday though, I'm not sure if it's correlated? I will ask her teachers tomorrow if they've noticed her being sluggish or off at all. Maybe a little extra Vitamin D would be helpful, it hasn't been very sunny here and we haven't had as much outdoor time as we normally would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2abigail View Post
Could she have allergies? My 4 yo (will be 5 in feb too!) acts sleepy and lethargic if I forget her allergy medicine. She also gets headaches.
Hmm...I'm not sure. She has never had this problem before, and since we aren't outside much I would guess that typical allergies would have been ruled out by now?

Since I'm not alone in thinking this is sort of unusual, I will call her pediatrician in the morning and see if they want me to bring her in. I like to avoid the "sick clinic" at all costs, because I don't want to haul any other germs home, but if something is going on I don't want to ignore it!
Old 01-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #14
PoshPants
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Low vit d doesn't cause stuff like this unless calcium is also low which then that would be not good at all. I know cause my one child had a vit D level of basically nothing as a baby so got a bit of an education on the subject. no sun screen + lots of sun = still low vit D in many people too.

i would ring tomorrow, better to get in before the weekend
Old 01-10-2013, 12:42 AM   #15
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

In my opinion anytime kid is lethargic and that isn't norm go in to get checked or if they complain of sore throat or anything like that. If fever and feeling fine/acting fine leave alone but might need meds or something to help curtail how high a fever.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:11 AM   #16
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeinstarrz View Post

Hmm...I'm not sure. She has never had this problem before, and since we aren't outside much I would guess that typical allergies would have been ruled out by now?

Since I'm not alone in thinking this is sort of unusual, I will call her pediatrician in the morning and see if they want me to bring her in. I like to avoid the "sick clinic" at all costs, because I don't want to haul any other germs home, but if something is going on I don't want to ignore it!
For the allergies- dust musts are the most common allergen and they are found in the house. Weather changes- whether you spend a lot of time outside or not- create a lot of issues too.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #17
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug_4 View Post

For the allergies- dust musts are the most common allergen and they are found in the house. Weather changes- whether you spend a lot of time outside or not- create a lot of issues too.
If she had an allergy like that, can it take 5 years to develop? I don't know anything about allergies, but she's never had this problem before.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #18
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
If she had an allergy like that, can it take 5 years to develop? I don't know anything about allergies, but she's never had this problem before.
I didn't develop allergies until 2 years ago, and I'm 28!

My middle DS has just started to show signs of allergies in the last 2 months or so, and he's going to be 6 in March.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #19
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
They can develop at any time. My mom developed asthma and allergies (food and environmental) at 30. I developed my allergies at 24. DD food allergies at ??? she had her first exposure to peanuts at 2 and her first reaction, she started having other food reaction at that time to foods she had been eating. Developed enviro at 4. A lot of docs believe repeated exposure is required to develop allergies, but there are a lot of people who have reactions the first time they are exposed.

For dust mites though- unless she is waking up with headaches or stuffy or you hear her snoring a lot its unlikely that she has a dust mite allergy. Their prime stomping ground is bed linens, mattresses and pillows. Molds and mildews are really popular right now with the weather changing (at least ours is changing) and houses being shut up tight because of the cold.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #20
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh- did you get her in to the doc? It does sound like it could be mono. My dd does have days like this, but they don't last that long.