Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #31
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Cloth safe diaper cream?

Re: CJs Plus. I was looking into making some diaper cream for friends and noticed that CJs uses neem oil. I guess the reasoning is that mama/papa will be in charge of the application, and it is not near the baby's face. But it still gives me the jitters. Neem has caused the death of children in India. WebMD says:

Children: Neem is UNSAFE for children. Serious side effects in infants and small children can happen within hours after taking neem oil. These serious side effects include vomiting, diarrhea, drowsiness, blood disorders, seizures, loss of consciousness, coma, brain disorders, and death.

Now I don't know what dosage caused death, but no dosage is recommended for children whatsoever. I've read that at several sites now. So I'm personally scared to add any to a product that may be in the reach of a baby on a regular basis. It would be interesting to hear what CJs themselves has to say about this.

Advertisement

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants

Last edited by debcita429; 01-19-2013 at 01:58 PM.
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #32
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429
Re: CJs Plus. I was looking into making some diaper cream for friends and noticed that CJs uses neem oil. I guess the reasoning is that mama/papa will be in charge of the application, and it is not near the baby's face. But it still gives me the jitters. Neem has caused the death of children in India. WebMD says:

Children: Neem is UNSAFE for children. Serious side effects in infants and small children can happen within hours after taking neem oil. These serious side effects include vomiting, diarrhea, drowsiness, blood disorders, seizures, loss of consciousness, coma, brain disorders, and death.

Now I don't know what dosage caused death, but no dosage is recommended for children whatsoever. I've read that at several sites now. So I'm personally scared to add any to a product that may be in the reach of a baby on a regular basis. It would be interesting to hear what CJs themselves has to say about this.
Wow, did not know that and we use it. DS sometimes holds the jar too :/ thanks for the post.
momma_dna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #33
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Glad to help. I'm always trying to doublecheck my research on ingredients that I am considering using for anything b/c it is too easy to assume that everything natural is good.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #34
Kala
Registered Users

We also use California Baby (from Target or Babies R Us). It clears up his rashes well but we had to go through several brands to find what worked best for him. Also tried coconut oil and lanolin without much luck, but looking back he already had rashes when we tried them and we may not have given them enough time. And we have cleaning the dipes more under control (which may have been part of the problem) so I'll probably try those two again.

No liner and haven't had to strip dipes yet. But we don't have to use it often either.
Kala is offline   Reply With Quote