Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #11
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: magnetic child safetly locks

I love love love the Tot Loks! We keep the key on the fridge, but bought two extras so there is a key in each bathroom as well. I got tired of going down stairs to get the key so I could get meds and extra toilet paper.

Advertisement

My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 01-12-2013 at 07:09 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #12
allisonmartin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenmonkeysmommy1 View Post
I forgot about it when the plumber came over. After a couple a minute I went in to check on him. Lol, it was priceless. He told me he was embarrassed to admit he could not get it open, and was determined he was going to do it, lol
We have 2 keys too and I tend to put the one in the kitchen on the oven hood so it's close by when I need to get into the rag/towel drawer next to the sink.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #13
cobbermama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had never even heard of these til I read this thread! Anyone know which brand are the best price?
Old 01-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #14
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrc View Post
has anyone tried the magnetic cabinet child locks? do they work? do they stay shut even when being tugged on by someone stronger than a toddler?
Oh yeah, they work. They don't install on our drawers because of how they're made, but I use them on all my cabinets with cleaners/medication in them. My girls know they can pull the other kind open enough to stick their hand in and grab stuff. They won't budge an inch. Love them.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #15
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbermama View Post
I had never even heard of these til I read this thread! Anyone know which brand are the best price?
They're mostly the same price. I just got whatever Babies r us had. The Safety First brand I think.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #16
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachinAuntie
We got them when we remodeled. Love them. It's been about 2 yrs and we haven't misplaced the one key yet. also, any strong magnet works to open them....so any big magnets on ur fridge will do it. . Ours are screwed in.
We have them on all of our cabinets. When I was doing my makeup apparently the key attached to the back of my makeup container because I has my nail clippers/ tweezers etc back there. I put it in the cabinet when I was done and shut it! The key was locked in!!
So we bought an extra key, I could not get any of my fridge magnets to open it. But we now have one on our fridge and one on our bathroom mirror.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #17
BinahYeteirah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes, they work. We have the Safety First ones. I love them, as long as they are screwed in. As the pp wrote, if you use the adhesive, they are only as strong as the adhesive, so screw them in for best results. We bought so many sets, we must have six or seven of the keys around the house, so there is always at least one at hand.
BinahYeteirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:19 AM   #18
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

A daycare center that I worked at had those, and you could yank on the doors all day long and those suckers weren't coming open. LOL If we had little ones, I would totally get a set!! I definitely agree with getting extra keys! haha! At the daycare center, they had a million of them, one in each drawer, just about.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #19
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I loved ours in our old house we had the safety first ones. My friend taught me that around the kitchen window has metal in most peoples walls so we kept our kitchen one there and could keep the bathroom one also on the upper part of the window.
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote