Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #21
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Jan 13th - 19th

He delivers at Shelby Baptist in Alabaster. His office is there also but he also has office hrs in Clanton on certain days. If testing is needed like u/s I have to go to the Alabaster office. I usually prefer going to that office bc then I can get a Starbucks and Panera Bread lol.

He always asks if I have questions but we usually talk about everything else. He is very respectful and he does not make you feel like "I am the Dr I know it all you listen to me." He made me feel like everything is my choice and he is there to help me out and be there is there is a problem. There is a possibility that the other Drs may deliver if they are the ones on call but they are the same way very respectful and awesome.

The nursess at the hospital were by far the best most supportive nurses I have had. And they leave you alone unless you need them. They let me do my thing the whole time and were supportive of my wants and needs.

I think 2 other ladies on here go to him one drives from Tuscaloosa and the other I think from B'ham.

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #22
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
Yes, with a breech baby you'll feel most of the movements down low.
Kicks I'm used to, these are reverberations into the places the baby can't possibly reach. Lol.

Good to hear on the potty training.

And yes! About the stink of sposies/pullups. Magnolia is in sposies for this trip and it's so gross. DH was like 'you'd think cloth would smell more' but it doesn't. The ammonia/chemical small is horrid.

First leg of the trip down. Couple hour layover and then another flight. Kiddo is doing as well as can be expected for a confined 2 yo who prefers gross motor stimulation.

Hope everyone is starting their week off well!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #23
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Kicks I'm used to, these are reverberations into the places the baby can't possibly reach. Lol.

Good to hear on the potty training.

And yes! About the stink of sposies/pullups. Magnolia is in sposies for this trip and it's so gross. DH was like 'you'd think cloth would smell more' but it doesn't. The ammonia/chemical small is horrid.

First leg of the trip down. Couple hour layover and then another flight. Kiddo is doing as well as can be expected for a confined 2 yo who prefers gross motor stimulation.

Hope everyone is starting their week off well!
PBI - Totally just realized that you were another AF family too! Yay! I joke that we conceived the AF Super Baby - I went down to visit my DH at tech (at Sheppard) for our 5th anniversary and we conceived in lodging.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #24
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis
PBI - Totally just realized that you were another AF family too! Yay! I joke that we conceived the AF Super Baby - I went down to visit my DH at tech (at Sheppard) for our 5th anniversary and we conceived in lodging.
Hehe - very nice have lots of friends with similar type stories - 6 day furloughs, etc. Nothing like that for us, but maybe baby3 will have a story to tell

Fyi: Moving sidewalks are fun for 2yos and preggos who need exercise back and forth and back and forth. Airports need play areas but I guess stairs and moving walkways will do for now.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #25
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
After CDing even wet pull ups REEK to me, so maybe he thought he was stinky
lol, maybe! I don't like the smell of disposables either, but I really dislike going back and forth with diapers for nights and naps and going to town so we do the pullups. Plus, with using only one or 2 diapers a day it would take a while to get enough to wash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
He is very respectful and he does not make you feel like "I am the Dr I know it all you listen to me."

The nursess at the hospital were by far the best most supportive nurses I have had. And they leave you alone unless you need them. They let me do my thing the whole time and were supportive of my wants and needs.
Sounds like my OB and the nurses I've dealt with at the hospital - they've been really good about just doing what they need to (check bp or whatnot), ask if there's anything we need or want, and then just leave DH and I alone for the most part.

Quote:
About the stink of sposies/pullups. Magnolia is in sposies for this trip and it's so gross. DH was like 'you'd think cloth would smell more' but it doesn't. The ammonia/chemical small is horrid.
No, disposables are terrible for smell with pee Gross.

Quote:
Fyi: Moving sidewalks are fun for 2yos and preggos who need exercise.
Yup, they are! Well, for the 2yr olds anyways! Levi and I spent at least an hour going back and forth on one last summer when we flew Hey, cheap entertainment!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #26
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree. DS is in pull-ups at night still, they smell.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #27
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can not handle sposies and there smell at all--even when they are not dirty, when pregnant. I discovered that with ds1 and pregnant for ds2. We were moving and I put him in sposies and I just could not take the smell at all!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:21 PM   #28
andrea020611
Registered Users

Ya, the sposie smell is a bit startling if you're not used to it, especially pampers I find. We use disposables when we travel and I always think "hmm the baby pooped" but it's just the weird wet diaper smell lol.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #29
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea020611 View Post
Ya, the sposie smell is a bit startling if you're not used to it, especially pampers I find. We use disposables when we travel and I always think "hmm the baby pooped" but it's just the weird wet diaper smell lol.
Me too! We use the pull ups also, but it smells so ICKY!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #30
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Lol, my DH couldn't stand the smell of cloth diapers (which I never thought smelled) so we don't cd. I don't think he actually smelt them though. It was more the idea of it.