Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #61
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
ForumRunner_20130122_120938.jpg

Started PE today. This Mama needs a work out and so do her overly energetic children. It was a blast! Burned 360 calories too! That's my day so far.. PE and math.. and laundry. Lol. W

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum

Advertisement

thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #62
Britches~in~Stitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: HS Check in. Jan 14-Jan 31

Holy smokes. I feel as if I've died and gone to heaven. Dd1 has done phonics, and reading, handwriting, and science...all before 10:30 am!! To top that off everyone is behaving, and baby hasn't gotten into eleventybillion things yet! I really don't even know what to do with myself. Finish school after nursing first of course.

thirdtimemomma-we have family time fitness, which I'm honestly dreading. I use the elliptical when I can in prep, but I suspect it might flatten me the first time, lol.

Last edited by Britches~in~Stitches; 01-22-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Britches~in~Stitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #63
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cynthia - for a good day!

Vicki - We need to do PE. I need to exercise. We have a gym membership and we take the kids with us, but as you can read from our previous post, we are too sick to go more often than not. Plus, the kids center is just for playing. They do have a basketball court, but they also have a TV. My kids do both. I want to start something at home. I'm not sure I can add more right now though.

Jen - Zack summarizes the stories I read to him. (I read from the manual. I know you read directly from the KJV.) He is having trouble putting them in one sentence. Of course, he already knows that the shorter his sentence, the less he has to write. LOL. The seizures sound really scary. I'd be stressing too. How old is she again? 5?

As for us - I feel like we are in a really good school groove. The kids have finally accepted that we are going to do school everyday after breakfast (and even during). Zack still has an attitude problem sometimes, but he is still a 7 year old. LOL. The 2 year olds have been a bit better the last few days. They make our school time a big struggle. And the baby is finally taking naps by himself without me holding him. He isn't a newborn anymore. He is over 3 months now. Bitter sweet, especially since he is my last. Anyway, today we finished up our phonics from yesterday, did Bible, phonics and math. That was all I had planned. It went very well. Zack is reading a bit better. We are doing the special sounds on flash card daily and he isn't complaining about it, which is always a plus.

I still have a cold, so no gym tonight. A couple of the kids are still sick too. Hopefully, this will leave our house very soon.

My mom is coming over tomorrow. I'm going to try to get us going early on school. That way it can mostly be done before she gets here. We are planning to make a family tree which was an activity from several days ago. We shall see how much we get done.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #64
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

I actually checked schoolwork today. That has been my huge struggle the last couple of months, as the older two are pretty independent learners. However, DS often won't say anything if he's struggling with something, so I really need to do better about being right there and checking things.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #65
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
I actually checked schoolwork today. That has been my huge struggle the last couple of months, as the older two are pretty independent learners. However, DS often won't say anything if he's struggling with something, so I really need to do better about being right there and checking things.
I thought I was the only one who did that! Lol.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #66
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Heather--it's my younger daughter Kennah that is special needs. She is 3. It's been kind of a bum week...on top of my daughter's issues we just found out today that my nephew (5months) is deaf. Good thing we ordered the signing time videos a month or so ago.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #67
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow Jen. I'm so sorry to hear that. You really are having a rough week. and
Old 01-23-2013, 06:45 AM   #68
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Another good day yesterday.

DD is doing really good working independently, and DS didn't give me much grief at all about doing school yesterday, he even sat and listed to the chapter I read in The Birchbark House to DD and drew a picture of what he was hearing. We finished up the last page of our Martin Luther King Jr mini unit too.

It was late last night when we got home (11:45) so I'll let the kids sleep in a bit this morning, DS #2 and I am afraid are getting sick.
Mysweetseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #69
cedavid2011
Registered Users
seller

I haven't been doing a very good job of keeping up with this thread lately so I hope things are going well for all you mamas. We have managed to get the basics done 4 out of the last 7 days. So far good attitudes are continuing for the most part. Now if I could just get the baby to sleep good at night and not screech at the top of her lungs during school time...Lol.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #70
Britches~in~Stitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Heather-that's just rough all around. My father has epilepsy, and its scary. I hope you get some good news when you go in to the doc.

Afu-Dd finished most of her work. We didn't do any math sheets but we did do some fun drills, (sorting/even odd, etc.), and then all the kids lost they're minds. Oy! Today were supposed to go to ballet, but she has something she needs to do, but refuses. Her latest is that she wants to do gymnastics, and she doesn't like ballet anymore.

Does anyone else do similar activities with they're younger kids? I swear, I'm just beat by the end of the day, most days. sorry for the complaints. Off to start phonics.

Last edited by Britches~in~Stitches; 01-23-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Britches~in~Stitches is offline   Reply With Quote