Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Stouffer's Macaroni and Beef

I admit that I was a Stouffer's Macaroni and Beef junkie back in the day. Even though I pretended to eat healthy, I guzzled Gatorade and ate Mac&Beef sometimes and stocked up when they had a sale.

That was a loooong time and two children ago. I made Macaroni & Beef for lunch out of all good things with sauce I made a few days ago and something was missing from the Stouffer's junk food my tastebuds remember.

Does anyone have a knockoff recipe for it?

Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Stouffer's Macaroni and Beef

My dirty secrets in college were Stouffers Macaroni and Beef and Stouffers Tuna Noodle Casserole. You seem to have already broken the mystery of the tuna noodle casserole somethin'-somethin' but I, too, long for Macaroni and Beef.

I suspect it's an addition of lots of sugar into the sauce. I often consider buying many of them to taste-trial against. I seem to remember a sweetness? Or possibly I long for low-grade beef?

I still drink Gatorade here when I am sick I just can't quit you, Gatorade. A few times a year won't kill me.

I can't believe you, of all people, are trying to reconnect with the loveliness of that Macaroni and Beef. You don't by chance have a recipe for my other truly disgusting craving, Hilshire Farms Kielbasa? I think it was beef? I think I stopped that train when I found something unsavory in it like MSG.
Hungry Caterpillar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #3
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh my Hillshire Farms Beef Kielbasa, how I crave thee. It's such a crime that it's such utter crap. But I will do it once or twice a year and take a Tylenol while I do.

I love food. That's my problem. So I take 2 packages of that terrifying beef kielbasa cut in pieces (cannot find it locally), a package of "fresh" sauerkraut and a bottle of beer (I usually have to buy something) and toss it all in a crockpot and let it go 3+ hours. There's hardly anything better. Damn it, now I'm craving it. it's SO bad for you/me.

Last edited by danielle; 02-22-2013 at 12:07 PM.
danielle is offline   Reply With Quote