Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #11
cinderella08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Actual reasons for induction

Good luck ((hugs))

I developed stones during my last pregnancy and have already suffered through 3mm and 5mm stones already this pregnancy. They are very, very painful. They finally passed on day 12 of the pain and by day 10 I was heavily considering the narcotics I was given....

Advertisement

Expecting Oakley Lennon in March 2015!
cinderella08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #12
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That is a tough spot. I think that as long as you trust your provider's judgement you should follow their plan. I think there is going to be a fine balance for keeping the baby in there developing and having the baby out where they are looking at withdrawl from the narcotics. Scoring is so tough on babies and if babies lungs are not ready that sure could add to trouble. Have you considered consulting the neonate team where you plan to deliver? They may want to monitor the baby more closely with NFT and AFI to help making a decision. I hope you have a peaceful delivery and healthy mama and baby.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #13
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Personally, I would try to hold out for 38 weeks if you can. I wouldn't want to induce any sooner unless you have to. I agree with your concern re: the kidney stones and narcotics but think trying to avoid everyone's birthday seems a but silly. I'm due with this baby about 2 weeks after my birthday and am not losing sleep over it. If baby should happen to born on my birthday, so be it.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #14
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had 30+ mulberry sized gallstones that went undiagnosed at the end of my first pregnancy (thank you midwife) so I feel your pain. I think trying to limit the amount of narcotics your baby receives is a responsible decision. But the date thing isn't at all.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #15
poohbear1208
Registered Users
seller

I was induced with all of mine for medical reasons, the most recent at 37 weeks for heart complications I was having. Dr said her lungs would probably be mature, but he said really its a gamble. He said he has seen 40 week babies with immature lungs, and 35 weekers that were just fine. Unless you get an amnio to test lung maturity, there's no way of knowing. With my 37 weeker she had to come out, so we didn't do an amnio.
poohbear1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:16 PM   #16
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was induced with DD at 38w2d due to HR decels during an NST. With this LO, the plan is to induce between 35 and 37w due to my exposure to Fifths Disease. After 35w the tests to monitor the LO for anemia and heart failure are unreliable.
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #17
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am in extreme pain every day with this pregnancy. I'm only 34 weeks right now, and I really don't know how well I'm going to be able to hang on for another 6. I'm already totally crippled and can't get anything (you know, like basic housework) done. I don't think I would even consider induction if I wasn't already "on the edge", but I fully expect to be begging for any kind of low-risk nudging along once I'm full term.

ETA: I hope by using the word crippled I didn't sound insensitive. I actually have nerve damage and partial paralysis in my left leg, so I'm factually disabled to begin with.

Last edited by The Fancy Pansy; 01-16-2013 at 04:26 PM.
The Fancy Pansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #18
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My dad had a grand mal seizure and had to be airlifted to a big hospital and have a very large (peach sized) brain tumor removed from his frontal lobe.

On my sister's due date.

She got induced that day. When she got out of the hossie we flew to go see my dad.

Everything (including my dad) turned out well in the end.

Kind of an off-topic reason for induction.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:41 PM   #19
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think there are lots of medical reasons for induction all depending on the mother and baby

I'll be induced at 38 weeks if I make it that long (I haven't with my last 2) to avoid delivering a big baby. I know, I know, plenty of women deliver large babies just fine, but my 8lb 1oz son born at 38w 3d resulted in a 4th degree tear, a broken tailbone and a torn cervix. That is something my Dr's and I agree we shouldn't risk happening again as I already have permanent injury from that birth.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #20
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With DS1 my doctor was going out of town for 2 weeks the day I was due so I got induced a couple days early because there was NO WAY I was gonna use a different doc from our small town...they all give standard episiotomies!!!!
jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote