Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #11
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: restless legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbadger View Post
The type of Iron matters for some as well. And it could be Ferritin not lack of iron but lack of ferritin to store iron.
Yes, that's true.
I have both low iron levels, and low stores as well - my stores get "used up" to maintain even the low levels.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #12
Janelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was having restless legs too, and then got a call from my midwife that my iron was low. I started taking the Floradix (it is a liquid iron. I can't take the pills, they make me sick and give me constipation)...and after just a week on it, no more restless legs!
Anyway, if you have trouble w/ the pills, try the Floradix. It is rather pricey, and I don't love the taste (I take it in some OJ though and then I can't taste it) but it has made me feel tons better!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #13
Janelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was having restless legs too, and then got a call from my midwife that my iron was low. I started taking the Floradix (it is a liquid iron. I can't take the pills, they make me sick and give me constipation)...and after just a week on it, no more restless legs!
Anyway, if you have trouble w/ the pills, try the Floradix. It is rather pricey, and I don't love the taste (I take it in some OJ though and then I can't taste it) but it has made me feel tons better!
Old 01-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #14
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelle View Post
I think I'm actually doing okay on the pills - which is surprising to me because I usually get every side effect one can get with a drug! But I seem to be doing okay

I tried Floradix when pregnant with Levi, didn't work out for me. I'm sure it was triggering my IBS - I'd take it and get attacks for that day and the following day. But when I stopped taking it, the attacks stopped. Strange side effect, I'm sure.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #15
prissyhippie
Registered Users

I don't normally have this, but have definitely noticed it since being pregnant. I googled it recently and realized it is RLS. It is such an annoying feeling! Mine doesn't sound quite as bad as yours, though, so best of luck to you. Hope those iron pills help you! You need relief!
prissyhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:25 AM   #16
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had really bad restless legs. I increased my intake of non-milk related dairy, bananas, and drank more water. I had virtually no restless legs while pregnant with Noah.

Hyland's company also makes a "Restful" legs remedy. I don't know if you can use it during pregnancy though.

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote