Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #21
texanromaniac
Registered Users

Re: weekly countdown

13 weeks and two days for me...eesh!! If she is like her big brother or I develop pre-e again, then even less...yikes!!

Project for this upcoming week (which technically starts Sunday, but since it's the weekend really starts once DH is home from work today)...get DH to take apart the Murphy bed in guest bedroom and clear it out so I can get started dealing with all the STUFF in the closet in there.

Hope to have it all out by next weekend so that sometime the next week (12 weeks left then) we can paint in there and get a twin bed w/trundle. Bug needs to get moved into a "big boy" room so we can paint/convert the toddler bed back to crib/bring back in the changing table/acquire a rocker recliner for the nursery once we are down to 11 weeks to go.

After that it will just be easier stuff like washing up the playmats and car seat liner, hopefully borrowing or buying off Craigslist stuff like Bumbo/swing/double stroller, and prepping freezer meals!! :P

Advertisement

texanromaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #22
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Hehe, DH said something about 4 months and I was like 'um... 11 weeks, sweetie, that's not even 3 months'
Old 01-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #23
TCKmom
Registered Users

27 weeks today!!! Going to finish painting DD's big girl room this weekend and get everything moved in there and then I can start re-organizing the nursery. Hoping the nursery gets done this weekend too but I will be happy with just having DD moved into her new room.

Although, I'm kinda not looking forward to the fact that she can get in and out of bed whenever she wants. I'm afraid she won't stay in bed and fall asleep. Any advice?
Old 01-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #24
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCKmom View Post
27 weeks today!!! Going to finish painting DD's big girl room this weekend and get everything moved in there and then I can start re-organizing the nursery. Hoping the nursery gets done this weekend too but I will be happy with just having DD moved into her new room.

Although, I'm kinda not looking forward to the fact that she can get in and out of bed whenever she wants. I'm afraid she won't stay in bed and fall asleep. Any advice?
We'll be painting this weekend too!!

It took DD1 a month to realize she could leave her big girl bed She goes to sleep in less than 30 minutes so one of us just sits with her.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #25
texanromaniac
Registered Users

How old are/were your big kids at transitioning from a crib? Bug's crib has a little door on the side that we started leaving where he could open it at 18 months, took completely off by two years old, then converted the whole thing to a toddler bed by 2.5 years old. He has almost always been good about staying in bed once we put him down...only getting up for drinks of water. Going to sleep is another issue, but as long as he does settle down we are okay if he sings or talks to his stuffies for a little while after he goes down.

But then again, he has always been a daredevil. He climbed up and was standing on the arm of the love seat and holding the side of the wine cabinet at like nine months...before he could even stand up without help. That was the main reason we didn't keep him in a crib so long, cause he would have been clambering over the rails!! We figured making it easier to get out of would make it seem like a less exciting thing to try climbing out of!!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #26
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
We moved DD around 17/18 months to a toddler bed. She did get out to play a little, but we didn't worry about it. Previously she'd play with toys and books in the crib, so we didn't figure it was much different. She would return herself to bed fairly quickly although once she fell asleep on her floor.

The novelty quickly wore off and nighttimes were easy.

Now naptimes? Those were hellacious for months. But all is well now.

I do highly recommend a toddler clock. DD learned how that worked quickly when we got it around 24/25 months. We got it because she was getting up at 4/5am and we needed her to understand when it was time to stay in bed. Worked like a charm
Old 01-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #27
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

DD1 was 2.5. She never tried to climb out but was getting too tall. DD2 will be about 26 months.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #28
texanromaniac
Registered Users

Yep, that is actually on our list to get for Bug's big boy room cause even at 3.5 he likes to get up at the crack of dawn and come wake us up. That isn't gonna cut it when baby girl is still co-sleeping in the master bedroom...he would be constantly waking her up!!
Old 01-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #29
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I still haven't converted dd's crib yet. She does really well in there for now. At some point I will have to make it so she can get up to potty in the night but for now we put a diaper on in case and she hollers for us when she needs to pee.
Got my maternity leave request submitted at work last night yay! Today I have to go get some button up scrub tops and long shirt for underneath. I am starting to look like a 10 pound sausage stuffed in a 5 pound casing in my normal scrub top
Old 01-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #30
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
My dd 26m is still in the crib. We are getting bunkbeds for her and big bubba to share in march, might as well leave the crib up, but doubtful baby goes in it til around 5 or so months